Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 27th, 2017 03:00

Failure to discover my Dell servers in Essentials (snmp auth failure)

hi! Im quite new to Dells OME, but im trying to set it up here at work and im having some issues.

Setup:

1. Dell server running windows 2016 and OME 2.2.1 (MANAGE NODE)

2. Two targets running WinServ 2016, OMSA 2.5, SNMP enabled with a community name, read only, and traps pointing at the OME server

Problem:

In the OME log im getting spammed by Authentication error from both target servers (R610, R710), but the community name is correct.

Using the excellent Troubleshooting tool i can clearly displays the system name, server admin etc..

OME says it finds no systems during discovery.

Anyone that could help a DELL newbie user out?

br TE

May 29th, 2017 22:00

Hi, thanks for the query.

Your setup looks adequate. As you mentioned that there are authentication failure alerts from your targets, those are because of community name mismatch during SNMP query. The SNMP community name is case-sensitive, please take notice of that if not already in your discovery range configurations.

If everything is fine and discovery doesn't work still, please get in touch with Dell Support to take a closer look.

2 Posts

May 31st, 2017 02:00

hi. Thx for the feedback.. 

The strange thing is that using the Troubleshooting tool i can successfully probe all 3 servers with the same community string, so why then 1 out of 3 fails in OME is beyond me..

br TE

No Events found!