Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 29th, 2011 14:00

Heath Status show Warning, but why

Hi, I quickly updated my IT Assistant to OME, and it seems to be working.  But on thye Devices tab I have three of my servers show Health Status with a warning.  I suspect this has to do with the Performance and Power Monitoring Agent since that show a Warning Triangle too, but no where can I find anything that tell me what's wrong with the health.

Any sugestions?

Also, big disapointment not have performance charts.

Thanks,

Ken

50 Posts

December 30th, 2011 08:00

Perhaps you need to update Server Administrator or a particular firmware on those systems? You should be able to determine what the issue is by opening SA on the server itself.

68 Posts

January 3rd, 2012 06:00

Nope, the lastest dell server updates from dell's download site - 5.1 are installed on the servers and SA says everything is green.

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

January 3rd, 2012 11:00

Hi Ken,

So you are saying the 'rollup' health status is yellow on a few of your devices...When you click on one of these devices, does it show what agent in the agent table is yellow?  Is it OMSA?  OMSS?  

Thanks,

Rob

January 3rd, 2012 12:00

Hi All,

I am having the exact same issue.  I have one stubborn box that shows the rollup health status as warning.  For me, the OMSA agent is showing as yellow in the device details.  The OMSA agent version is the exact same as what I've put on all my other servers.  I can't seem to tell where EXACTLY the issue is coming from.  How do you dig deeper to resolve the issue and turn the health status back to green?

Thanks,

Mike

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

January 3rd, 2012 12:00

Hi Mike,

In the past what I do is to right-click on the yellow server and launch OMSA.  Then OMSA should have a list of the various sensor statuses (red/yellow/green) and other indicators and that should help you determine the problem.  Another idea is to click on the SEL logs tab.  It should be a link on the page that shows you the hardware inventory of the server.  Sometimes you will see interesting things there.

Let me know if that helps.

Rob

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

January 5th, 2012 11:00

Hey Ken,

Hmmmm.... you definitely should not be seeing a Perf/Power agent on the inventory page.  We removed that in OME....so it could be a bug.

1. Confirm: OME or ITA installed?

2. Was this OME install upgraded from ITA?

Thanks!

Rob

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

Rats...looks like it could be a bug...let me dig a bit more.

68 Posts

Hi Rob,

In the device tree, some of my servers has a yellow triangle, if I sellect that server and look at the device information page I see a yellow triangle in the Health field under Device Summery and also by Performance and Power Agent under the Software Agent Information.  The Agent version says NA.  I don't think these icons are clickable - they don't do anything.

Thank you,

Ken

68 Posts

Hi Rob, it was OME upgraded from ITA.   Thanks -ken

January 5th, 2012 16:00

Hi Rob,  

Right-clicking on the yellow server is not possible.  When I double-click on the server to get its full list of details, there is nothing yellow in any of its components.

I see yellows in the log file.  I acknowledge them, delete, them, etc, but the yellow still does not go away.

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

January 6th, 2012 07:00

Hi, same question I asked Ken from his post.  Was this an ITA->OME upgrade install?  

When you click on the server, on the right side you should see inventory.  What agents are reporting yellow?

thx!

January 8th, 2012 15:00

Hi Rob,

No, this was not an upgrade.  It is a fresh install of OME.  The OMSA agent is reporting yellow.

Thanks.

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

January 9th, 2012 06:00

Ok, so when you right click on the yellow server in the device tree, then launch OMSA on the server, you are saying that OMSA does not indicate _any_ warning sensors or statuses?   I have not seen that before.  I think I'll need to ask that you call in to support (800-945-3355 ) so they can help collect more data on this.

Thanks!

Rob

January 9th, 2012 19:00

Would I still see the choice to launch OMSA if this is an ESXi server?  I just double-click on it and go to details to see the entire inventory of the box.  I just don't see a choice for "launching OMSA".  

I will go ahead and call support.  Thanks much for your help.

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

January 10th, 2012 08:00

Well I'll have to check if we populate a right-click action for ESXi servers.  But anyway, just open up OMSA directly on the ESXi server and it will tell you it is yellow.  We probably need to populate that right-click action if we don't already.  I'll check.

thx!

No Events found!