Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 3rd, 2017 14:00

How to find root cause of Warnings

Hi,

We sometimes get warnings in OME (2.3) like the pic below.

But when the drac logs are looked at, nothing can be found relating to a Warning.

Is there a way to get OME to be more specific about what it is Warning about?

Thx,

John Bradshaw

August 6th, 2017 22:00

If nothing is evident in summary, I would suggest you to check different logs on iDRAC, like hardware logs, LC logs, etc. You might find something that is unusual requiring your attention.

August 3rd, 2017 21:00

Hi John,

This is OME's internal health alert. When the global health of a target device changes between discovery / status polls, this type of alert is generated. This is not sent by the target server. The purpose of having this alert is to draw user's attention towards devices which have change in their global health status so that corrective action can be taken.

By launching target server's console, you would be able to identify what is the reason for warning / critical health status.

However, if you wish OME not to generate these kind of alerts during discovery / status polls, you can disable them from Settings -> Alert Settings.

2 Intern

• 

743 Posts

Thx Shivendra, but the problem is, when I hop on the drac of the Warning server, I can find no warning alerts.

That seems strange does it not?

JB

2 Intern

• 

743 Posts

ok, thx.

No Events found!