Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 27th, 2014 03:00

How to update Dell M620 Blades with Dell Openmanage

Hi All,

I got Dell Chassis with 16 M620 Blades. I have installed ESXi 5.1 on one blade & successfully Inventoried into Dell Open-manage. But when i am navigating to System Update Tab then i see there is no system. Attaching the screenshot for the same. I have enabled IDRAC. But don't know why its not coming into that. Can someone help me on this to see what's going wrong ?.

Thanks & Regards

Ankit

1 Attachment

1K Posts

May 27th, 2014 04:00

Hi Ankit,

If you want to see the iDRACs under non-compliant systems tab you will have discover and inventory the iDRACs as well using WSMAN protocol. I am assuming you have the iDRAC IPs with you, just provide those IPs and perform a new discovery and inventory using WSMAN protocol. The RAC and the server will correlate and you will be able to see your RAC under compliant or non-compliant systems depending on whether the firmwares on the RAC is up to date or not with respect to the catalog you have imported. Hope this answers your question.

This limitation is only for ESXis because you cannot perform a system update through the OS on ESXi, that is why we need the iDRAC to be discovered.

18 Posts

May 27th, 2014 05:00

Hi Pupul,

Thanks for your feedback. I am able to do it now. But another challenge i am facing now is How to update the System ?. I am not getting any system update option & also unable to update the catalog. Attaching the screenshot of the same. See if you can help me on this.

Regards

Ankit

1 Attachment

140 Posts

May 27th, 2014 08:00

The tab you're looking at is for compliant systems so those are up to date, you need to choose the non compliant tab to see if any of your esxi boxes are there and then select them to update them.

The catalog will tell you if it needs an update, what catalog version is it showing?

1K Posts

May 27th, 2014 09:00

Thanks for updating the post :)

1K Posts

Yes, and on top of that make sure your proxy is configured in the preferences page if you are using the FTP catalog.

18 Posts

All,

Everything is running prefectly fine Now. I also update on M620 Blade with it Sucessfully.

Thanks for Great help !!!!

Ankit

18 Posts

June 20th, 2014 05:00

Hi,

I am trying to update Dell R610 Server & getting the following error.

Results:
Downloading Packages.
Calling InstallFromUri method to Download packages to the iDRAC
Downloading Package: R610_BIOS_C6MRW_WN32_6.4.0.EXE onto the iDRAC
Package download has successfully started and the Job ID is JID_001403271862
The URI given to the iDRAC to download from: http://10.232.7.163:1278/install_packages/Packages/R610_BIOS_C6MRW_WN32_6.4.0.EXE

Checking the Status on the following Job(s): JID_001403271862
The JOBID JID_001403271862 has failed with the following message:
Package verification failed.
MessageID: RED007

Download Error occured.
Package R610_BIOS_C6MRW_WN32_6.4.0.EXE failed to download on target device. Update failed.
Software Update Task Failed.

#####################

It has IDRAC 6. Can someone pl suggest how to solve this issues ?.

Regards

Ankit

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

June 21st, 2014 12:00

Looks like we are discussing in other thread, but just posting here as well as it looks related.  May need to open a ticket and get help clearing the job queue, or follow steps below.  But be cautious and try with one server first as clearing the queue and resetting the iDrac can have implications for production environments.

Rob

---

1. 1.       Clear the Queue
  2. 2.       Reset the iDRAC

Clear/Delete JOB Q:

winrm invoke DeleteJobQueue "cimv2/root/dcim/DCIM_JobService?CreationClassName=DCIM_JobService+Name=JobService+SystemName=Idrac+SystemCreationClassName=DCIM_ComputerSystem" @{JobID="JID_CLEARALL"} -r:https://10.36.0.123/wsman -u:root -p:calvin -SkipCNcheck -SkipCAcheck -encoding:utf-8 -a:basic -format:pretty

Reset IDRAC:

winrm invoke RequestStateChange "cimv2/root/dcim/DCIM_SPComputerSystem?CreationClassName=DCIM_SPComputerSystem+Name=systemmc" @{RequestedState="11"} -r:https://10.35.176.134/wsman -u:root -p:calvin -SkipCNcheck -SkipCAcheck -encoding:utf-8 -a:basic -format:pretty

16 Posts

August 25th, 2014 06:00

Hi,

Is it also possible to clear the queue and reset from the iDrac UI?

What do you mean by resetting the iDrac, does that reset the entire Dell server?

Thank you! 

16 Posts

August 25th, 2014 07:00

Hi, those 2 commands for deleting the queue and resetting the iDrac return "invalid use of command line"

Any suggestions?

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

August 25th, 2014 08:00

Hmmmm, those commands usually work not sure about that error.  You might post in the General Sys Mgt forum as that is where more iDrac guys hang out.

Other option is to just clear the job queue from the iDrac console/GUI itself, that should be pretty straightforward.  And iDrac can be reset as well.

Thanks,

Rob

http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/systems-management/f/

No Events found!