Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 9th, 2012 04:00

Install failure

Hello,

i'd like to give OME a Test. It looks like a great Application.

Unfortunately the Installer will cancel the Installation.

I can see the Messagebox (translated from German): Publishing Essentials Application to IIS

Followed by:  Remove Essentials Application to IIS

we have a Windows Server 2008 Enterprose SP2 x86.

I've installed on a preexiting SQL Express 10.0.5500 and choose the Windows-Authentication.

I hope you can help!

There are two logfiles. I paste the appropriate block below

TIA

Tibor

#############################
EXECUTE [Catalog].usp_Catalog_Insert 1, N'ftp://ftp.dell.com/', @Manifest, '2011-09-14 01:51:28' ;

Undefined exception occurred:
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Fehler beim Konvertieren des varchar-Datentyps in datetime.
   bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
   bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
   bei System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning()
   bei System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
   bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteNonQueryTds(String methodName, Boolean async)
   bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(DbAsyncResult result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe)
   bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
   bei InstallUtil.Installers.Database.Database.RunScriptFile(SqlConnection sqlConnection, String filePath, String databaseName, String dataFilePath, String logFilePath)
   bei InstallUtil.Installers.Database.Database.Install(Nullable`1 databaseOptions, String scriptFolder)
   bei InstallUtil.Installers.Website.Install()
   bei InstallUtil.Program.Main(String[] args)

2012-02-09 11:15:59
"C:\Program Files\Dell\SysMgt\Essentials\bin\WebInstall\InstallUtil.exe" -u

Uninstall()

######################################
Maßnahme : . Veröffentlichen der Essentials-Anwendung in IIS
SYSTEMSMANAGEMENT: InstallUtil with Preinstall command line : "C:\Program Files\Dell\SysMgt\Essentials\bin\WebInstall\InstallUtil.exe"  -PreInstall
SYSTEMSMANAGEMENT: InstallUtil with PreInstall actual retun code: 10
SYSTEMSMANAGEMENT: InstallUtil with PreInstall retun code : DatabaseAdd
Maßnahme beendet : InstallExecute. Rückgabewert 3.
MSI (s) (C8:30) [12:54:16:590]: User policy value 'DisableRollback' is 0
MSI (s) (C8:30) [12:54:16:590]: Machine policy value 'DisableRollback' is 0
MSI (s) (C8:30) [12:54:16:605]: Executing op: Header(Signature=1397708873,Version=405,Timestamp=1078552238,LangId=0,Platform=0,ScriptType=2,ScriptMajorVersion=21,ScriptMinorVersion=4,ScriptAttributes=1)
MSI (s) (C8:30) [12:54:16:605]: Executing op: DialogInfo(Type=0,Argument=0)
MSI (s) (C8:30) [12:54:16:606]: Executing op: DialogInfo(Type=1,Argument=Dell OpenManage Essentials)
MSI (s) (C8:30) [12:54:16:606]: Executing op: RollbackInfo(,RollbackAction=Rollback,RollbackDescription=Maßnahme wird zurückgesetzt:,RollbackTemplate=[1],CleanupAction=RollbackCleanup,CleanupDescription=Backup-Dateien werden entfernt,CleanupTemplate=Datei: [1])
Maßnahme : Rollback. Maßnahme wird zurückgesetzt:
############################

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

February 9th, 2012 10:00

Ok, looks related to the fact you are using an exising SQL express (and also perhaps a localization issue).  Can you remove the pre-existing SQL instance and let OME install SQL for you?

But if you can, run the following command:

sqlcmd /E /Q "execute sp_helpsort"

or

sqlcmd /S ".\SQLExpress" /E /Q "execute sp_helpsort"

Be sure to remove any sensitive data like ip addr, etc.

Thanks,

Rob

15 Posts

February 9th, 2012 10:00

Hi Rob,

thank you for your reply.

i've also tried to use our "BIG Mothership SQL-Server" with the same result. (but i didnt check the logs)

unfortunately it is not possible to remove the existing SQL instance :-(

i've issued the sqlcmd /S "./SQLExpress".... and the return is not very verbose:

Server default collation

Latin1-General, case-insensitive, accent-sensitive, kanatype-insensitive, width-insensitive  

btw the line "Fehler beim Konvertieren des varchar-Datentyps in datetime" looks like a conversionproblem with american/european Date-format.

February 9th, 2012 15:00

Tibor can you please call support and open a case,  once you have the case open, have the technican that you talk to contact me and we should be able to get the issue looked at more closely.  

Victor

15 Posts

February 13th, 2012 04:00

I've opened a case this moment.

I hope it will get through.

wbr

Tibor

February 13th, 2012 09:00

Thank you Tibor.  

15 Posts

February 16th, 2012 04:00

It works.

Thank you Victor

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

February 22nd, 2012 11:00

FYI...

We just put up a sticky post at the top of the forum (here) to document this issue.

Thx for your help.

Rob

No Events found!