Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 10th, 2014 12:00

New ESXi Host

So I have a new ESXi host that I added to OME and it won't show up.  I've used the troubleshooting tool and I can get a WS MAN reply from the host IP but when I try to do the iDRAC IP it states not a pingable IP yet I can get to the iDRAC from the internet browser just fine.

I'm not sure what else to check?

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

September 10th, 2014 14:00

Hey there,

So do you use DNS with your iDRAC addresses?

And just to confirm, you are saying the troubleshooting tool is _not_ able to connect to the IP address?

Thx!

Rob

140 Posts

September 11th, 2014 05:00

We typically don't use DNS for the iDRAC and all the other ones show just fine.

I can ping the IP of the host, but not the IP of the iDRAC using the troubleshooting tool.

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

September 11th, 2014 08:00

Yeah, some folks don't use DNS for iDRAC.

Ok, but can you ping the iDRAC ip address from the command line (from the OME box) ?

Seems like we need to focus on the network settings of the iDRAC if we can't ping it.

Thx!

Rob

140 Posts

September 11th, 2014 09:00

I can ping it from my workstation which is on the same subnet, but can't from the server which is in our data center on a different subnet.

1K Posts

September 12th, 2014 00:00

Hi Scott,

You may want to check if there is a network connection between the two subnets. You need to make sure that the 2 subnets are reachable.

140 Posts

September 12th, 2014 08:00

Fat finger error was the issue....DOH

I had the gateway address wrong, figured that out after an hour and a half troubleshooting with dell support, man I felt dense after that, ugh!

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

September 12th, 2014 13:00

Ha!  No worries.  Really appreciate you taking the time to update the thread :)

Rob

No Events found!