Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

February 2nd, 2014 18:00

OME and System Update Non-Inventoried servers

I am running OME and when servers are added to be monitored some are not showing as "inventoried" in System Update. Some servers do not show up as 'Inventoried" or "Non-Inventoried" systems. Even the servers that show up as 'Non-Inventoried" do not update after starting and inventory task...

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

February 3rd, 2014 14:00

Hi and thanks for the question.

What protocol are you using to discover the server/iDrac?  (e.g., WSMan, SNMP, etc.).

Can you look in the server device details from the device tree and let me know if you see inventory collected on the server or IDrac itself?

Thanks,

Rob

8 Posts

February 3rd, 2014 14:00

Hi,

The iDRAC is using WSMAN and the server itself is using WSMAN for ESXi hosts and WMI for Windows (2012) servers.

The server device details are attached...

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

February 3rd, 2014 15:00

Looks like the screen shot didn't get into the post.

Just to confirm: 

For ESXi:

-        You need to inventory the iDRAC via WSMAN

-        OME will only update the iDRAC and not the host. OME excludes the ESXi servers from being updated

Thx

Rob

8 Posts

Rob, Please note that this version of OME is 1.2.0.3441. I cannot install version 1.2.1.0. For some reasonm every time I try to install 1.2.1.0 it shows as a successful install but does not update the version number....

8 Posts

Rob,

I have another instance of OME that is showing ESXi hosts in the System Update "non-Compliant Systems" page.

I also have ONE of my ten ESXi hosts showing as Non-Compliant in this instance of OME.

Thanks

Dnaiel

January 27th, 2016 10:00

Dell Server R610 with firmware version 2.80 is showing up in non-inventoried section in OME. Tried several things to make it work, but still no luck. I am discovering the drac using wsman. Dell Engs, can you please here?

Thanks,

Rajesh.

January 27th, 2016 22:00

Hi Rajesh,

For R610, the latest firmware is 1.98 (http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/systems-management/w/wiki/4357.idrac6-home). You can try upgrading the server to latest iDRAC firmware and see if it resolves the issue.

Also, if it is OME version is 2.1, then there are chances that certificate on the target has expired. Refer this thread to how to resolve certificate issue: http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/systems-management/f/4494/t/19654064.

In case, if above two are not the issues, you can try using Trouble-shooting tool and share Ws-Man protocol test result with us to guide you further.

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks,
Vijay 

January 27th, 2016 23:00

Thanks for suggestion Vijay. I see the version is showing up as 2.80. Below are the details of the command:

# racadm getsvctag
8DY4HQ1

racadm getsysinfo -d

RAC Information:
RAC Date/Time           = Thu Jan 28 06:50:31 2016
Firmware Version        = 2.80
Firmware Build          = 03
Last Firmware Update    = 01/27/2016 06:58:29
Hardware Version        = 0.01
MAC Address             = 14:fe:b5:da:d4:00

I have tried renewing the cert, but that didn't help. I have other  50+ R610 servers, which I am unable to update via ome. Is there a way we can reset job queue using racadm command?

Thanks,

Rajesh.

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

January 28th, 2016 06:00

fyi, I think the Troubleshooting tool has a feature to view/clear the job queue.  don't have that handy to double check though.

Regards,

Rob

615 Posts

January 28th, 2016 07:00

Have you restarted the DRAC?

Is CISOR enabled?

January 28th, 2016 07:00

You are completely correct Rob.

One other way is through OME updates, since 2.1 version of OME you have the ability to clear the job queue before running an update.

January 28th, 2016 13:00

Getting great help from here. I have tried the following things:

- Reset drac

-Used OME to install lastest firmware with the option "Before update, disable all schedule jobs on drac" checked.

- I see the target drac is downloading the firmware, but to make it effect, I had to reboot the server.

Its not good that I have to reboot the server just for drac firmware upgrade. Any suggestion to avoid reboot for drac firmware upgrade.

Thanks,

Rajesh.

1K Posts

February 8th, 2016 06:00

Hi Rajesh,

What is the server model that you are using which is showing you that you need reboot for RAC firmware?

No Events found!