Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 21st, 2018 01:00

OpenManage 2.4 & Reports

Hi All,

I have an issue with my "reports" section in openmanage 2.4.

I updated from 2.01 and, to have a clean install, i wiped all my servers and restart a full discover of them.
Everything is OK with the detection, all my servers are detected, but i have somes issues with reports.
Hard Drive & perc detection works fine but all others reports fields are all blank.
I have tested my settings with the troubleshooting Tool and everything works fine in the "protocols(remote box)".
Everything is good to in the inventory section.. there is just no information in the reports sections..
Is somebody has any ideas cause i'm stuck at this point..
Thanks in advance for your support !

FI - i use openmanage essentials 2.4 on vmware (based on windows 2008 r2 full patch) with no internet access.

33 Posts

March 28th, 2018 00:00

Hi all.

I found the answer by myself, after some long weeks of testing..
I post the solution for helping those with this kind of strange issues.

So, after my last test, i try something else with my firewall team. it could be a network issue after all..
We tested in an any/any config and, nothing changes, as i except.. 

I push my tests & search further and found this post about WSMAN changes..

https://www.dell.com/community/Dell-OpenManage-Essentials/OME-2-2-Issue-with-WSMAN-inventory/td-p/5042232

mmm  it sounds good to me..
I uninstall OME 2.4, wipe all dell reference in my VM & make a new clean install of OME 2.0 from scratch with ABSOLUTLY THE SAME CONFIG..

and Tada ! it works..
Everything works perfectly..

ome.jpg

The issue is in the WSMAN (Pegasus) engine which seems has problems with Windows 2008 R2 SP1.
point.

February 27th, 2018 07:00

Hi, thanks for the query,

Two possibilities that I can think of:

1. Filter by: on top of the report being selected with a group that does not have any device that populated data in selected report.
  2. Column filter in the report set in a way that no row could qualify for it. Look for amber filter icon besides the column name.

If above seems fine, try re-launching OME and see if problem gets resolved.

33 Posts

March 5th, 2018 23:00

Hello Shivendra,

I tried both tests but there is nothing relative to filters or something like that.
I push my tests a little more and it appears that i have another issue (maybe correlated)..
In the deployment ring, i can't do anything and, when i check my equipments, none of them appears in the "warranty" windows.
We are talking about dell r630 / r730(xd) / 740xd, so normally, they should be "ok" i think..
As always, if someone has an idea, it could be very helpful !

March 12th, 2018 19:00

I believe these servers are being discovered OOB through iDRAC, are they classified under RAC group with all inventory tables and health populated?

33 Posts

March 15th, 2018 09:00

Yes, all my 341 servers are in "green" condition, they all appears under the "RAC" section with correct information for model, serial number, rac name and type.

I've try some other tests like send a "get racadm timezone" via the "deploy"/"distant task" module and they all respond correctly.. 

I pushed my investigations further and i found a message in the "manage"/"system update" section where OME inform me that "the idrac make his inventory through  SNMP/IPMI" instead of throug WS-MAN.
Does anybody know where i can force this setting ?

March 16th, 2018 05:00

Under discovery configuration, you need to enable WSMAN protocol (first option in guided wizard) and provide iDRAC login credentials to start with. Disable SNMP, that would not be needed as WSMAN is recommended and sufficient.

33 Posts

March 19th, 2018 01:00

Hello, I try this solution and nothing change.

I still don't have any info in reports processor/version/#core/#speed/ram/ fields..

March 19th, 2018 02:00

After changing the protocol, did you kick start discovery and inventory again for those ranges?

33 Posts

March 20th, 2018 05:00

Hello,

Yes, i wiped all my servers and i retried with these settings, but nothing changes.

March 20th, 2018 08:00

Please give a try to Dell Troubleshooting tool as well to check if WSMAN protocol test passes on problematic targets. If there are failures, let us know of those.

33 Posts

March 21st, 2018 03:00

1.jpg

45 Posts

May 23rd, 2018 02:00

Hi,

my problem was just on the first Report about the OMSA Version. It was just empty. No Filters were selected. Then i select a filter for Servers and receive some information. Then i switch back to all devices and the report is working now.

Br

Sergej

No Events found!