Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 13th, 2017 12:00

Predictive alarm for dell hardware

What configuration i have to for predictive or pre- failure alarm and how can i test those alarms.

Suppose i want to send those prefailure alert to some other tools to how can i?

//Bharat

May 15th, 2017 03:00

Hi Team,

Can you please help here.

//Bharat

May 15th, 2017 05:00

Hi Bharat,

Thanks for the query.

I found an interesting white paper on this topic. If you are working with more recent Dell server generations, you will be able to enable predictive failure alerts for hard disks, CPU and memory.

Use this link: www.google.co.in/url

May 21st, 2017 21:00

Hi Shivendra,

Thanks for your reply, i have already checked the same document and its don't have the information to test the predictive alarm traps.

I am using power edge m630 vrtx, and i think it have only disk related predictive alarm only, is there any extra configuration which will help to get CPU ad memory or any other hardware's predictive alarms.

When i am forwarding the alert to another monitoring tool, and type of alert should i select for predictive alarms.

//Bharat

May 22nd, 2017 21:00

Hi Team,

Need your support here.How can i test predictive traps i am using power-edge M630(VRTX) 

//Bharat

May 25th, 2017 08:00

Hi Team,

Can you please route my query to concerned group or person.

May 25th, 2017 23:00

Hi Bharat,

Please cross post your query to systems management general forum. Folks there might be able to help as to why your server is not sending predictive alerts.

en.community.dell.com/.../4469

May 26th, 2017 01:00

From OME's perspective, if you wish to forward predictive alerts coming from monitored servers to another console like Nagios, please select following alert categories while configuring the trap forward action:

Environmental

Physical Disk

Power

Storage Peripheral

Storage Software

May 26th, 2017 01:00

Hi Shivendra,

We have to forward only predictive alerts for discovered blades and chassis only.

For M630(VRTX), what predictive alerts we can get?

//Bharat

May 26th, 2017 02:00

Again, this question needs to be answered by folks in general forum. :)

No Events found!