Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

MF

February 18th, 2014 12:00

Severity:Warning, Message:LinkDown Port or number: 14

Hello, wondering if anyone might have come across this issue before. We have a virtual machine in our DMZ, with SNMP configured to send messages back in to our OME server. with SNMP service running, we are constantly getting an alert that the port is down, looking in OME there are messages that the port is up/down numerous times.

We have other VM's setup like this on the inside domain, not in the DMZ and we are not seeing this on those machines.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

M.F.

1 Message

April 7th, 2014 13:00

I had the same problem on my OME server getting the alerts below. I called the Dell support and he said if the server does not respond to a ping request, the warning will be issued. If your network is saturated and can't respond, this warning alert will be logged too.

Severity:Warning, Message:LinkDown Port or
number: 17

21 Posts

April 8th, 2014 09:00

Thanks for the response. It ended up being caused by the Teredo
tunnel interface, it wants to talk to DNS servers @ Microsoft and with the servers in the DMZ not having full blown internet access it couldn't reach it so was logging the Link Down messages. We simply disable this interface when placing new server is the DMZ now to avoid the issue. In case you're wondering this is the command to disable it...

netsh interface teredo set state disabled

No Events found!