Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

MF

February 6th, 2013 12:00

Upgraded OME now need HELP

I have upgraded our OME install from 1.0.1 to 1.1, now I am unable to login to the console either locally or remotely. I also have applied the 1.1.1 patch but still the login issue persists.

When opening the application, it prompts me for user name and password, I input the information, hit ok and the prompt immediately returns. If i select ok again, the prompt goes away and the splash screen does not go away, ever.

I called and spoke with Dell tech support, but did not get the answer I wanted. They say there is nothing left to do, but remove the application and start from scratch, I do not believe that this is unfixable, not really wanting to start over sinc we had quite a few discovery ranges configured.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Sad OME admin!

327 Posts

February 6th, 2013 12:00

It could be a credentials issue or an invalid user account.

Did the credentials changes after upgrade ?

Can you check if the user account is part of one of the OME user groups (OMEAdministrators, OMEPowerUsers, OMEUsers) ?

Thanks,

Raj Shresta

21 Posts

February 6th, 2013 13:00

Yes, my user account I am using is a member of OMEAdministrators. In the security log I am seeing Audit Failures, one of these mentions the logon account of OMEService, there is no domain account by that name, and there is no local account by that name.

I'm fairly certain this is a permissions/credentials issue, just not sure where else to look. One of the 1st things setup did was make some changes to IIS, just wondering if the issue lies there...

33 Posts

February 6th, 2013 16:00

I had this exsact issue and it was becasue of the discovered device tab in the DB. I had to connect into the DB direct and remove the contents of the table. I could then open the console and rerun the discovery

Paul

21 Posts

February 7th, 2013 06:00

Thanks for the information Paul, I'm not real fluent in SQL. I see a dbo.device table, are you saying you cleared the contents of the DeviceName column within this table?

21 Posts

February 7th, 2013 13:00

Ok, Thanks again for the information! I ended up calling back into Dell's support, the guy I worked with today ended up escalating the issue and the engineer he got for us went into the DB and removed 1 entire entry from the DB, the entire row, I didn't get a real good explanation he just said something about that entry didn't get moved over properly or something. And then he said that this issue would be fixed in the next upgrade path.

Looks like were back in business, Phew!!!

Anyway, I certainly appreciate your responses, Have a great day!!

Mike

33 Posts

February 7th, 2013 13:00

Good Morning Mike,

Thats the one. I just slelected all devices within the table and deleted them. If you make a backup first you can always revert if it does not work.

Paul

No Events found!