Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 29th, 2013 00:00

asking about OME CLI

Hi TechDell,

I'm using CLI from PowerShell of OME to run discover/inventory, but i get these error message:

Set-RunDiscovery : Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secur
e channel with authority 'monitor.serverdell.com:2607'.
At line:1 char:17
+ Set-RunDiscovery <<<<  -GroupName Test_Group
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Set-RunDiscovery], SecurityNe
   gotiationException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.ServiceModel.Security.SecurityNegotiation
   Exception,SmartConsole.CLI_Set_RunDiscovery

Please show me the solutions

Thanks

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

May 29th, 2013 10:00

Thanks for the post.

Something seems curious here.  It looks like it could be a problem with the installed certificate.

Did anything relating to the cert or perhaps DNS name of the OME server change since OME was first installed?

Also, does the OME GUI still come up ok without any sort of certificate warning being displayed?

Thx

Rob

4 Posts

May 29th, 2013 20:00

yes, i do. After installing the OME software, i have joined this server to the Domain (Active Directory).

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

May 30th, 2013 16:00

You may need to go into IIS and delete the OME certificate.  It should get recreated.

You can call 800-945-3355  and open a ticket if you'd like.

If you delete the cert, it may throw an error the first time you run OME, so close OME and restart, it should be ok.  May need to throw in an iisreset...not sure.

Thanks much,

Rob

4 Posts

June 3rd, 2013 21:00

I'm going to writing a script for schedule discovery/inventory/polling for each group. Please show me how to run OME PowerShell ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell\SysMgt\Essentials\bin\LaunchOMEPowerShell.exe") in Windows batch scripts.

Thanks in advance

4 Posts

June 3rd, 2013 21:00

Thanks for your support. It works fine.

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

June 4th, 2013 11:00

Sure,

Can you review the PowerShell whitepaper on www.delltechcenter.com/ome and see if that helps.  We can start there.  Search for "PowerShell" on the website.

thx

Rob

33 Posts

September 4th, 2013 22:00

This is driving me crazy, why can’t we just import the OME PS module in. As i have to lunch LaunchOMEPowerShell.exe, and it then launches powershell so I can’t parse any commands or scripts?

Im hoping I have just missed something really obvious

Paul

33 Posts

September 4th, 2013 22:00

Did you get any joy with this one?

Paul

March 4th, 2014 08:00

I have a similar issue, I'm trying to run the OME CLI commands using a remote PSSession and need to load the OME CLI modules.  We have four OME servers in the company and want to use scripts from a central location

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

March 5th, 2014 09:00

Right so the OME CLI is designed to run on the server it was installed.  Is that what you are trying?

Thx!

Rob

March 18th, 2014 11:00

We have executed scripts locally on an OME server without a problem but there are four OME servers in the company and we want to run CLI scripts ideally from an unrelated server or workstation on all of the OME servers using powershell. 

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

March 18th, 2014 12:00

Thanks for the additional detail Terry.

Yeah, so those CLI commands are not 'remoteable'.  But we do have some new REST web services that they might find useful for remote access.  There is a whitepaper on www.delltechcenter.com/ome that provides some more info on these.

Thanks,

Rob

2 Posts

November 4th, 2015 03:00

This is driving me crazy, why can’t we just import the OME PS module in. As i have to lunch LaunchOMEPowerShell.exe, and it then launches powershell so I can’t parse any commands or scripts?

Old thread, so probably necroposting but I'd just like to inform other with the same issue that checking the command line for the powershell-process after launching LaunchOMEPowerShell.exe shows this:

powershell.exe -noexit -command Add-PSSnapIn Dell.OME.CLI

Starting powershell and executing "Add-PSSnapIn Dell.OME.CLI" gives you access to the OME cmdlets.

No Events found!