Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

2 Intern

• 

360 Posts

July 12th, 2018 06:00

Any reason to use RepoMan 3 vs 2?

Should both version provide the same output and updates?  Other than the UI, is there any reason to use one vs the other?

I created a repository from each and ran it against a server and got different results so not sure if that's expected or not.

v2.2.4 gave me newer versions if Bios, Drac, SAS Firmware, and Network Firmware.  (See attached)

I have v3 set to automatically update the catalog so I'm assuming it's at the latest it has available.

repoman compare.jpg

• 

6.2K Posts

July 12th, 2018 09:00

Hello

DRM 3.0 should be an improvement on previous versions. You can find information about changes on the Techcenter page. I think 2.2 and 3.0 should be using the same catalogs and bundles, so if 3.0 is showing older updates it probably needs to be updated.

http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/systems-management/w/wiki/1767.dell-emc-repository-manager-drm/

Thanks

July 17th, 2018 02:00

Hi,

Ideally yes both the versions should provide the same list of updates provided the catalog updated on the DRM 2.x and 3.x are same. The UI and work flows have been made easier to use from customer perspective.

As per the automatically update settings might have some issues, so the issue you are observing is mostly due to older catalog. Can you kindly try, updating the catalog manually and it successfully updates the catalog to latest available version, the issue should be resolved.

Thanks and Regards

Pradeep

No Events found!