Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 12th, 2014 10:00

1 GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635 DDR3 -Dual Monitors

How to setup dual monitors to Dell xps 8700 ?

1 GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635 DDR3

June 12th, 2014 12:00

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. NVIDIA GeForce GT 635 DDR3 Graphics card has 3 Ports at the back.

You can connect the primary monitor to the VGA [blue] and Secondary monitor to HDMI [middle] or DVI [extreme right] ports.

If the second monitor does not have DVI/VGA/HDMI ports, you will need to buy a DVI-VGA adapter or HDMI-VGA adapter accordingly.

Once both monitors are connected they will start getting signal.

Press the Windows logo key + P on your keyboard and then select the correct option according to your needs.

Right-click any empty area of your desktop, and then click Screen resolution.

Click the multiple display drop-down list and then select the option according to your needs.

On the same page you can set the resolution for both the monitors for optimum performance.

Hope this helps.

April 15th, 2016 20:00

Yeah, that is SUPPOSED to be the way it works bit not for my 8700 with this Nvidia 635 card.  Uninstalled the drivers/program, dl'ed Dell's 635 driver full package and still the main monitor refuses to do full HORIZONTAL width of the Dell monitor.  I only see the DELL logo in the circle for just a second during boot and then that shrinks and never after fills the width of the Dell monitor, no matter what.  I tried booting with just the VGA connected monitor and even then it does not fill horizontally using the Windows 7 or the Nvidia utility.    Only thing I did not check was the pins on the cable?   BUMP?  any ideas?  The only other clue I have is that even though, when using both the vga and HDMI connected monitors, with the vga designated as the PRIMARY and using the "extended" setting, I see NOTHING on the VGA port connected monitor during boot, until the windows desktop appears.   No other video editing software has ever been installed on this computer.

1.2K Posts

April 17th, 2016 10:00

Please post the exact monitors are you trying to connect, what video cable connections they have and what their native resolution is?

I would also suggest not using VGA. which has reduced resolution on the GT 635.

Thanks for the reply DAN. 

monitors connected:

VGA connected = Dell S2340L at 1920 x 1080 (recommended resolution)

HDMI connected = NS-24D510NA15 at 1920 x 1080 (recommended resolution) ("never squeezes"at all resolutions)

Have tried all possible combinations of the Windows display setting and the Nvidia Control panel setting/sizing:emotion-12:

results in a "squeezed" Dell monitor output, as does ALL other resolutions on this monitor.  Even at boot time, the DELL logo in a circle show ordinary size for one second then squeezes.  Although this Dell 8700 does NOT have built in video connector, I have tried both BIOS Intel Multiple Monitor settings without change.  Suggestions?

Also updated to the latest Dell BIOS version, no joy

1.2K Posts

April 17th, 2016 11:00

VGA connected = Dell S2340L at 1920 x 1080 (recommended resolution)

HDMI connected = NS-24D510NA15 at 1920 x 1080 (recommended resolution) ("never squeezes"at all resolutions)

I suspect it is the VGA part that is messing this up.

Test each monitor individually with HDMI and make sure both work at 1920x1080. I suspect this will be fine.

Then I suggest buting a DVI-D cable and use that on the Insignia monitor, and use HDMI on the Dell monitor.

Or buy a DVI to HDMI adapter and use that on on the computer side DVI connection and then you can use HDMI to HDMI cable to the Insignia monitor.

April 17th, 2016 19:00

The S2349L has nothing but a VGA connector, so my next try will be an DVi to VGA converter at the video card and if not replace the vga cable.

1.2K Posts

April 18th, 2016 12:00

The S2349L has nothing but a VGA connector, so my next try will be an DVi to VGA converter at the video card and if not replace the vga cable.

OK, but Hmmm.

Stay versatile: Easily connect to your laptop or desktop with VGA connectivity. The HDMI™ port enables you to explore thrilling HD entertainment options.

www.dell.com/.../pd

No Events found!