mankan
2 Bronze

5.1 in vista

Hi!

I have an odd problem. Have Vista Ultimate installed. My Dimension 9150 have a 7.1 onboard soundcard. I have a 5.1 soundsystem, and that have worked without any problmes in XP (MCE & Pro).
Now in Vista I only get sounds from my two front speakers and the sub. But if I test the settings in controllpanlen/sound >> High Definiation Audio Device the test sounds is in all speakers. (High Definiation Audio Device is set to default by the system).
I also have Creative SB Live! Series (WDM) there, but there I only got two speakers.

Is this a driver thing, or is it a setting I must do (where?)?

I tryed to install the "old" sounddrivers for XP, but then the High Definiation Audio Device dissapera and there only was sound in two speakers.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
7- Thorium

Re: 5.1 in vista

Last I heard there are no Dell drivers, yet, for Vista.  Especially on the Dimension line since that is considered a "consumer/home" system and the Vista for the consumers is not due until about Feb 1.

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Dell Inspiron 15 - 5577 Laptop

Home Built Desktop PC with ASUS ROG Z170, i7 6700K CPU

Windows 10 64 bit Pro and Windows 10 Insider Program Beta Versions. SSD drives. Cakewalk by BandLab and Studio One 4.1 Recordng Studio Software.

Dell S2719dgf Monitor

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

0 Kudos
alioth
1 Copper

Hello,

I have the same problem using Vista Ultimate, also the test are failing, only two speakers working.

I spoke with a support person from Dell and that OS is still not supported.

Also if you need to use the input/mic jack port as an input will not work.
0 Kudos
SimonLam
1 Copper

Hi Mankan, I have the same problem. I just bought a Dimension E521 with an integrated 7.1 sound card, and have a 5.1 sound blaster speakers. The speakers work fine in my old PC with Windows XP, but not with my new Dell - Windows Ultimate. When I do the test in Control Panel, all 4 speakers and subwoofer have sound. However, when I use iTunes, Media Player or Real Player, only the front 2 have sound. Does Dell have a solution for this problem yet. HELP!!! Thanks. Simon
0 Kudos
mankan
2 Bronze

Hi!

Have you downloaded/installed the latest drivers for your soundcard (vista drivers)?
If you have the SigmaTel (integrated), you will find the Vista driver here: http://support.euro.dell.com/support/downloads/format.aspx?c=ie&l=en&s=gen&deviceid=8907&libid=3&rel...

After I installed the latest SigmaTel drivers for my soundcard, all speakers have sound.

* If links above dosent work, go here: http://support.euro.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=ie&l=en&s=gen, you will also find other dowloads/drivers.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
GioAguilar
4 Beryllium

Does this helped you to fix it???
It finally worked on your system?
0 Kudos
mankan
2 Bronze

Yes, the SigmaTel driver did it for me. But I needed to configure the speakers, in controllpanel >> Sound.
0 Kudos