Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 29th, 2012 13:00

A nephew gave me a Dell Monitor 1704 FPTt but with a problem...

...the said monitor didn't show an image, 'per se'. Too opaque.

Since I used to be an Electronic Technician at the defunct DEC I decided to open it to visually inspect its inner parts: I didn't find anything smokey nor loosen. At the moment of assembling it back I faced a decision problem: have 4 connectors (2 apparently equal pair of connectors) at opposite sides of the lcd (same color scheme for the pair of cables, each) & don't remember which goes where.

The problem could be fixed if someone has the schematics & tell me which connector goes where (by color of cables, i.e.) or open it & take a photo & post it or make it available by other means. The said connectors are the ones that go 2 above & 2 under the screen, if facing the screen in a normal working fashion they're located at the right-hand side of it.

Does any of you has this info or aesy means of obtaining it & post it right here?

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

May 16th, 2012 11:00

That kind of information is not going to be found.  Monitors are not user serviceable items.

3 Posts

May 18th, 2012 06:00

I checked the monitors' back side & found out that it's surrounded by longitudinal venting openings &, if you look through them, you're able to see the said connectors easily. The question remains open: can any of you take the time just to have an eye & report on this?

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

May 18th, 2012 10:00

Any of us is users.  I do not have this model. So the answer is no.

3 Posts

May 18th, 2012 11:00

I'm sorry this's the case, but thank you no matter what!

No Events found!