Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 6th, 2017 01:00

Audio and Video failure

Hello,

for several months I have been experiencing a very frustrating issue with my office work station, an OptiPlex 3240 AIO. 

Everything seems to work just fine, but it eventually stop the reproduction of audio files and media in general, either streamed from the web, or played on the programs on the machine itself.

Sound just stops working, and the video applications reproduce at slowed down speed. 

all the work stations at my office have the same problem, and I already updated the BIOS and sound drivers but the issue keep showing up. 

Working in an entertainment company and having to be able to listen to music for work, this is getting pretty frustrating 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thank you

Daniele 

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

March 6th, 2017 12:00

Version of Windows?

Scanned thoroughly for malware lately?

Did you update chipset driver and video drivers?

Do other things lag when audio and video files are lagging? Eg, do you have problems with Word files when A/V is lagging?

3 Posts

March 7th, 2017 06:00

Thank you for your quick answer!

Here my comments:

I am running Windows 7 Professional

We scan for malware regularely

I only updated the audio and video drivers

no other things seem to lag, the MS Office applications don't look lagged.

Daniele

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

March 7th, 2017 10:00

Try updating the chipset driver. Go to Intel's download site and let their wizard scan the hardware and look for updated drivers.

Any signs of overheating which might cause the CPU to go into "slowdown" mode?  Are all fans working? Air vents clean? PC hidden in a cabinet, or under a desk where it doesn't get good air circulation?

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

March 13th, 2017 06:00

Description Supported OS Download
Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver
This package provides the driver for Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller and is supported on Vostro/Inspiron/XPS/Alienware/Latitude/Precision/IoT systems running Windows 7.More details
Windows 7 32-bit
W74S
Windows 7 64-bit
Realtek PCI-E Memory Card Reader Driver
Realtek PCI-E memory card reader driver for OptiPlex, Precision, Latitude, XPS, Alienware, Inspiron, and Vostro series running the following Windows Operating Systems: Win 7, Win 8.1, and Win10.More details
WB32A
WB64A
Windows 7 32-bit
Windows 7 64-bit
WT64A
WT32A
Intel Chipset Device Software
Intel Chipset Device Software support OptiPlex, Precision, XPS, and Latitude series running the following Windows Operating Systems: Win 7, Win 8, Win 8.1 and Win10.More details
WT32A
WT64A
Windows 7 32-bit
Windows 7 64-bit
Windows 8 32-bit
Windows 8 64-bit
WB32A
WB64A
Intel(R) Management Engine Interface Driver
This package providesIntel Management Engine Interface Driver and is supported on Optiplex 3040,Precision 3620,XPS 9350,Optiplex 3240 and Precision 3420 running the following Operating Systems: Windows 7 32bits/64bits, Windows 8.1 32bits/64bits, Windows 10 32bits/64bits.More details
Windows 7 32-bit
Windows 7 64-bit
WB32A
WB64A
WT32A
WT64A
Intel Seiral I/O Driver
This package provides the driver for Intel Serial I/O and is supported on the OptiPlex 3240 models running the following Operating Systems: Windows 7 64bit.More details
Windows 7 64-bit
Intel Serial I/O Driver
This package provides the driver for Intel Serial I/O and is supported on the OptiPlex 3240 models running the following Operating Systems: Windows 8.1 64bit.More details
WB64A
Intel Serial I/O Driver
This package provides the driver for Intel Serial I/O and is supported on the OptiPlex 3240 models running the following Operating Systems: Windows 10 64bit.More details
WT64A
No Events found!