Callumpy
1 Copper

Re: Blackmagic Design Intensity Pro and Dell

Jump to solution

Hey there SpeedStep, what you have posted is exactly right, the chipset on the XPS 420 is way to old to use the Intensity Shuttle over USB 3.0 and it doesn't have a built in USB 3.0 slot anyway.

When I made this post a while ago it was for the Intensity Pro which is a PCI express card, not the Intensity Shuttle which is USB 3.0 and recently they released a Thunderbolt version for Mac users.

For other people that stumble across this thread like you seem to have, I went for an AverTV CaptureHD PCI capture card and it worked perfectly in the XPS 420. The quality was pretty good, not as good as what you get from the Blackmagic Products, but at least it worked.

Highlighted
christineatabc
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi there,

I purchased black magic shuttle and e6520 laptop already and looks like black magic shuttle is not compatible with e6520. is there any other shuttle i can use for e6520 laptop? thank you.

0 Kudos
Callumpy
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hey there, the shuttles won't work on your laptop because as said in the previous posts, it doesn't have USB 3 support or even have a good enough chipstet. There is only 1 other version of the Shuttle that requires a Thunderbolt connection which your laptop also doesn't have.

There are other capture cards you can go for, seems you are using a laptop for video capture you should go for the Hauppauge HD PVR because it uses USB 2 and an external power supply. It also doesn't require a powerful machine like the Shuttle does as the encoder is built into the HD PVR itself.

My XPS 420 used to struggle with HD video recording, so you probably should go with a capture device that doesn't cause too much stress seems you are using a laptop.

Hope I could help Smiley Happy

0 Kudos