Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

October 23rd, 2005 12:00

Clearing the NVRAM on a Dimension 4700 ??

Whats the best and easiest way to clear the NVRAM on a dell Dimension 4700 computer ?? Thanks in advance.:smileyhappy:

9.4K Posts

October 23rd, 2005 12:00

You can try the keystroke method I have listed below to see if it works on your model.  I'm not quite sure as Dell is abit tardy in updating the proper Knowledge Base articles.  If it works you will get a beep after the ALT+ E key press.  If it does work on your model.... please post back.  Thanks!
  • Reboot system and enter the BIOS Setup by pressing F2. 
  • Turn on Caps Lock, Scroll Lock and  Num Lock.
  • Press ALT+ E then ALT+ F then ALT+ B
Otherwise if the above didn't work then you will have to use the jumper on the motherboard to clear the NVRAM (CMOS).  Click here for that information from your model's on-line User Guide.

6 Posts

September 12th, 2017 10:00

Works EXACTLY as described by Majestic 12 years ago.   Got me past 'unable to allocate BAR ...' problem after I installed a PCI video card to replace the integrated video and replaced everything else on the PCI in the course of giving this fine machine a new job.  

My wife gets all the new computers around here but if one day I buy one for myself it'll be a Dell ... the used machines I've had have all been salesmen for the brand.   Prob'ly got a dozen of 'em.  

No Events found!