Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 12th, 2010 19:00

Computer re-boots itself.

I received my Inspiron 580 last week. I'm running Windows7. The computer keeps re-booting itself while in use. It will happen every hour or so. The screen gets a bunch of bars across it and then a blue screen pops up that says 'entering power save mode" The computer will then turn off and then back on and ultimately end up on the windows error recovery screen. I have adjusted all of the settings in the power options panel  to 'never' but it still does this. I have also done a total recovery but it didn't help.

Thanks for any suggestions

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

June 12th, 2010 22:00

Since this system is brand new, contact Dell Tech Support right away and tell them to exchange it. You have 21 days from the invoice date, not the date you actually received it, to get an exchange. You'll have to be polite but very insistent to make them exchange it. After 21 days, you''ll have to troubleshoot this system.

And you're not alone with this same problem on the 580. Read here.

BTW: from the symptoms you described, you mght want to power off and unplug, then press/hold power button on the tower for ~15 sec. Open the case and carefully reseat the video card in its slot. Reseat the RAM modules too, just to be complete...

Ron

No Events found!