Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 20th, 2017 13:00

Computer restored, now keyboard and mouse not working

Please help. I have an old Dell Desktop that i use for browsing and streaming. I recently hard an error and from browsing the Web i decided that a full restore was required. I have completed the full restore, which seems to have been successful, but i am now stuck on the "Hi There" screen where you need to fill in your country, what type of keyboard set you want etc. My problem is, in this screen, my mouse or keyboard will not work, I have tried 3 different keyboards and none of them will function, in order for me to get past the set up screen. They will work in the BIOS and i have looked at all the settings in there to see if i can force power to the USB's etc, but nothing works. Does anyone have any ideas? It has been suggested to try an old style keyboard mouse, (The round connections) but i do not have that option on the computer.

I have heard a suggestion of enabling the USB legacy option in the BIOS, but i cannot find this option anywhere, Can anyone help please? I beginning to think that the computer may be fit for the bin.

Many Thanks Mark

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

June 21st, 2017 11:00

You have to tell us the exact PC model and version of Windows.

Did you use the (hidden) restore image stored on the hard drive or did you  wipe the drive and do a clean install from a DVD or USB stick?

If USB keyboard works in BIOS setup, it sounds like the restore may have failed...

No Events found!