Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 5th, 2005 16:00

Computer stops working

Hi: I am hoping somebody can help me cure this problem. I will be typing, in any application, and the computer just stops! The program I'm in, which is showing in the bottom bar, grays out. I have to use my mouse to click in the area where I was typing before I can resume. I have e-mailed and spoken to many, many Dell techs and no one has been able to help yet, even though we have gone through many troubleshooting tries. Dell even replaced my computer, and the new one has the same problem. It doesn't matter which software I am using, the problem still exists.
Anyone out there that might have some ideas? Thank you.

1.3K Posts

February 5th, 2005 16:00

Hi Florida Keys,

This may be stupid, but since you said the computer was replaced and you have the same problem, Have you tried another Keyboard?

February 5th, 2005 18:00

Thanks Dave, I'll give it a try. Also, all the current software onboard this computer worked with Windows 95SE.

4 Posts

February 7th, 2009 05:00

I have the same problem.  This problem for me happens if I bump one of the media keys while typing.  I only have to move my right hand.  I think the problem is caused by my media keys sticking too far out making them easy to bump.

Is there a way to prevent this?

No Events found!