Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 30th, 2013 05:00

DELL Insparion 660 desktop problem with printer

Hello,

I am having problem with my new computer in company. It is a Dell Insparion 660 desktop (i5-3330/3.0./8GB/2TB/GT620 1GB) with Windows 8 Pro 64. Problem is: " When we add a printer (Kyocera FS5100dn) on computer, everything goes down. Same thing are happaning when we add another printer. Computer just goes to not responding. Printers are located on a net or on shared  computer. We have found that when we restart printer spoler, computer works fine, until we try to print something. It seams that something is crashing printer spoler and affect whole computer.

Is there any solution for this?

Thanks

Mirza

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

September 30th, 2013 12:00

Did you install the printer on the Inspiron 660? Does the printer have a driver that's compatible with Win 8 Pro?

From Microsoft:

Enter Devices in the search box, tap or click Settings, and then tap or click Devices. If your printer was installed, it should appear in the list on the right side. If your printer isn’t in this list, click Add a device at the top of the device list. Select your printer from this list to install it.

Some older network printers might require additional info to complete setup, and won’t appear in the list when you choose Add a device. If you have trouble, double check the printer to make sure it’s on, and that all the cables are plugged in firmly. Check the manufacturer instructions for your device to see if there’s an option to turn on web services, which should automatically install your printer once it is turned on. If your printer doesn’t have that option, find the instructions to discover the printer’s IP address. You’ll need this for advanced printer setup.

No Events found!