Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 30th, 2010 13:00

DLA problem

I have Demension 4100 with XP Home. I use Sonic to format and burn disks.  I recently replaced the CD-DVD drive and now when I try to use Sonic on this drive I receive message "not DLA drive."  One instruction says to right click on drive, click on properties and then check DLA on list.  I did this and went to recording but there is no DLA on list.  Will apreciate suggestions on what I can do so make the drive DLA.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

March 30th, 2010 15:00

This is the AUDIO section.  There is a separate section for Disk Drives and another for Applications Software.  Not sure which of these would be the most applicable for your problem. 

However, Packet Writing, which includes DLA, Roxio Direct CD or Drag to Disc and Nero InCD are the least reliable CD burning methods.  ALL the techies that I know do not use this method.  I do not recommend using the Packet Writing method to my clients.   I use Nero for CD/DVD burning and Nero does not include InCD as part of the "default" installation - if you install Nero it will install everything except InCD as most customers do not want or use it.

However, back to your problem. I suspect you are referring to enabling Recording for the drive, not enable "DLA".   The drive should not make any difference to DLA.  When you installed the drive, Dell uses "Cable Select", (NOT Master or Slave) did you set the device type as "Cable Select"?  If not, that would be one thing to check.   If the BIOS (Setup) is detecting the drive correctly and Windows is detecting the drive correctly then Sonic DLA should be correctly detecting the drive.

No Events found!