Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 30th, 2009 00:00

Dell 2005FPW monitor warm up issue

I own a Dell 2005FPW monitor and it has had a funny issue on warm up for awhile now and I finally have gotten around to posting seeing as the monitor is unusable.

The problem started when the monitor turned on and it first warmed up the picture would be bouncy for a short while, I thought nothing of it and just left the monitor on 24/7 so I did not have to deal with it, whether my computer was on or not. Eventually the problem escalated so whenever the picture was black on the monitor for a short period it would come back fuzzy and bouncy. The situation slowly degraded and took longer and longer each time to clear up into a crisp picture until eventually it would not stop and I have to switch to a alternate monitor. It is the monitor because if I pull up the monitor menu it just bounces along with the windows XP.

If anyone knows what the issue is or what peice of hardware is degrading please tell me.

12 Posts

September 6th, 2009 20:00

Same monitor and takes longer now for picture to stop bouncing. starts where you can't make out anything and then slows so if you move the mouse pointer around you can begin to see what you want to click. Then gets still and work perfect until you turn it off or it goes to sleep. Longer offf, longer to get better.

3 Posts

September 6th, 2009 21:00

Ya it finally got so bad I just scrapped it for parts for another monitor I have. I haven't found any records of the problem or any solutions on google. I am hoping the same thing doesn't happen to my other monitor.

1 Message

January 8th, 2010 19:00

I would like to confirm that I have successfully solved this problem by replacing C637 on the main (input) board.  The original cap is a 16v 470µF.  I replaced it with a 25v 470µF (it was all I had in stock and it is ok to increase the voltage rating while keeping the µF).  Works like a charm!

No Events found!