Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 3rd, 2010 22:00

Dell Dimension 9200 won't see Audigy2 ZS.

I have attempted to install a Audigy2 ZS Platinum Pro by Creative Labs into my 9200 without any success.  I have disabled the on board audio and the system will not even let me install the drivers for the Audigy2 with the error that no new hardware has been found. 

I am actually only wanting the 'firewire' abilities on this Sound Blaster card I could care less about all the rest of the features,  they would be nice but I only want to be able to download files from my DVDcam and that requires firewire connection. 

Can any one give me a little advice on how to set up the Dimension 9200 to run the Audigy2 ZS.

Thank you

October 3rd, 2010 23:00

I assume you've already try installing the sound card inside the computer. Now, have you tried checking the DEVICE MANAGER? If the card is not detected in device manager chances are it's not installed properly inside the tower of your computer. Try re-inserting it or try a different slot. The try installing the Driver disc again and see if it will go through. 

xps-resource.blogspot.com

http://www.xbitlabs.com/misc/picture/?src=/images/multimedia/creative-audigy2-zs/card.jpg

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

October 4th, 2010 04:00

Why not just install a PCI firewire card?  They are relatively inexpensive, since all you want is the firewire port. 

However, the first question is the Audigy 2ZS card a known good card?  It's an old model card so I assume it's a used card.

When installing most SoundBlaster sound cards, Windows will normally recognize them but they won't work until the SoundBlaster drivers, for the operating system you are using, are installed.

Two things to try, (1) Reinstall the Intel motherboard chipset drivers.  One of the prime things the chipset drivers do is define (identify) the devices on or attached to the motherboard.  (2) Reset the CMOS (BIOS) memory by removing the CR2032 battery on the motherboard for about 10 minutes.

2 Posts

October 5th, 2010 22:00

This all sounds like good advice and I will give it a try. One of my thoughts was that I should put it in a different slot but I have not tried that yet. 

Thank you for your suggestions.

No Events found!