Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 3rd, 2009 18:00

Dell Dimension USB Ports Not Working

I reformatted my Dell Dimension 8300 with Windows XP Pro and now the USB ports (none of them) - the ones on the back and the two up front are NOT working.  I do not beleived they are disabled anywher that Ican find.  There are no exclamation marks in device manager and I beleive I have the current bios version - A07.

PLEASE HELP!!  Everything else works great, just would be nice to be able to use the usb ports! 

14.4K Posts

have you checked the setting in the bios. Know it should not have changed but worth a look.

14.4K Posts

Did you follow these steps when you reloaded the drivers after the reinstall

Do the usb controllers show up in device manager.

3 Posts

Yes I followed the steps.

Yes they show up in dvice manager.

I have reformatted over 100 machines and have NEVER had this problem...

3 Posts

I dont see anything in the Bios related to USB at all :emotion-6:

14.4K Posts

February 4th, 2009 07:00

under the Intergrated Devices section there should be two listings for USB as per HERE

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

. May have to scroll down

1 Message

May 22nd, 2009 19:00

I'm experiencing the exact same issues.  Did you ever get an answer that worked? 

3 Posts

May 22nd, 2009 20:00

I was told to remove the I/O panel and replace it... now all I have to do is find the part.. I am so disgusted with dell at this point... I need a diagram to do it.. good luck with yours....

1 Message

October 10th, 2009 02:00

i have a similar problem. I upgraded to win xp sp2 and my USB ports stopped working. wierd thing is, they worked foine with a clean install, only died when i upgraded.

any answers, anyone?

(please excuse typos, i'm learning Dvorak.)

No Events found!