Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

RK

December 5th, 2013 06:00

Dell Gx 260 power button light is orange not booting

Hi, ive been having problems with my dell optiplex gx260 lately,, when i press the power button it was not booting and the power button light is orenge. The computer is not booting please help me

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

December 5th, 2013 11:00

Orange power button can be bad power supply and or Bad Capacitors on the motherboard.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

December 5th, 2013 11:00

Hi, ive been having problems with my dell optiplex gx260 lately,, when i press the power button it was not booting and the power button light is orenge. The computer is not booting please help me

Rizwan Khan

Is the power button solid orange, or blinking orange?

Are any of the four diagnostic lights on the back panel lite?

If they are, what is their sequence?

The GX260 Diagnostic Guide and Troubleshooter is here:

Bev.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

December 5th, 2013 13:00

If the power light is steady amber—The computer is receiving electrical power, but an internal power problem might exist.
  • Ensure that the power cable is firmly inserted into both the power connector on the back of the computer and the electrical outlet.
  • Ensure that the voltage-selection switch is set to match the AC power at your location.
  • Ensure that the microprocessor power cable is securely connected to the system board.
  • Ensure that the power supply cables are securely connected to the system board (see "System Board Components").
  • If the problem persists, contact Dell.
If the power light is blinking amber—A device might be malfunctioning or might be incorrectly installed.
  • Remove and then reinstall the memory modules (see "Memory" for module installation procedures).
  • Remove and then reinstall any cards (for installation procedures, see "Adding and Removing Parts" for your computer type).
  • Remove and then reinstall the video card, if applicable (for installation procedures, see "Adding and Removing Parts" for your computer type).
  • If the problem persists, contact Dell.

Thanx SpeedStep for your reply,

All the power cables are coreectly connected

And the voltage selection switch is not present in my dell

And micro processor and power supply cables are correctly connected to the mother board

but the problem is still exist please help me 

Thanx shesagordie for your reply,

The power button light is solid orange and not blinking

And the four diagnostic lights are off

plz help me 

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

December 5th, 2013 14:00

Thanx shesagordie for your reply,

The power button light is solid orange and not blinking

And the four diagnostic lights are off

plz help me 

Rizwan Khan

The first part to replace would be the power supply, as you need a known working PSU to check the motherboard.

The Optiplex GX260 has three versions, Small Form-Factor Computer, Small Desktop Computer and Small Mini-Tower Computer, what is your version?

ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_desktop/esuprt_optiplex_desktop/optiplex-gx260_Service%20Manual_en-us.pdf

Also, you need to consider the 10 year old age of the GX260, you may be better advised to replace with a new, or a newer user system, instead to repairing the GX260. A  more modern used desktop may cost less then repairing the GX260.

Bev.

I have small desktop version and i also have dell gx755. 

But the problem is i have also ibm, i had replaces dell to ibm, and want to rest my dell gx260 a week, but when i again use my dell gx260  the problem happense, 

please help to solve this problem.

thanx

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

I have small desktop version and i also have dell gx755. 

But the problem is i have also ibm, i had replaces dell to ibm, and want to rest my dell gx260 a week, but when i again use my dell gx260  the problem happense, 

please help to solve this problem.

thanx

Rizwan Khan

As already posted,

Quote: 'The first part to replace would be the power supply, as you need a known working PSU to check the motherboard'.

A replacement GX260 Small Desktop power supply can be purchased from the following:

Bev.

No Events found!