Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

January 20th, 2013 06:00

Dell Inspirion 600 Issues

Hello Dell community. I have some questions on my computer, they are more issues as I might call them. I tried installing a game that worked on my old computer, which was a dell, but it said I need administrative access, this is odd because I thought I already did have it.

Now on to my second issue with this computer. I got the 660 with the 8GB ram Intel i5 etc, but the graphics card not fortunate for me I made a mistake when choosing. I didnt want the one with the Integrated graphics, I wanted the Nividia. What graphics card can I get that will run Planetside 2 because its  I should say. I cant really play without constant bad graphics and lag. I know this computer can run it because its the Recomended system, but it doesnt have the graphics. Hope you can answer my question guys!

1.5K Posts

January 21st, 2013 09:00

The recommended card for the game is the Nvidia GTX 560 or the AMD HD 6870.  You will not be able to get either of these without also upgrading your power supply.  If you prefer not to upgrade your power supply since you just got a new system, then I would look to get the AMD HD 7750.  It is the best video card you can get that will work with your stock power supply.  It will exceed the minimum requirement for the game.  The Nvidia card option for this system (GT 620) does not even meet the minimum requirement and comes no where near the performance of the HD 7750.  

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

January 21st, 2013 09:00

You cannot use FULL SIZE 12 INCH Cards.  Cards that are 8 Inches Long OR LESS will fit.

A radeon 7750 will work and not require new Power supply.  You MUST USE LOW PROFILE Card if you purchased a non upgradeable 620S or 660S.

254 Posts

January 22nd, 2013 07:00

The AMD HD 7750 is your best bet without changing your power supply.  The Nvidia equivalent is the GT 640 but the AMD HD 7750 out performs it for the same price.

No Events found!