Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 29th, 2015 11:00

Dell Inspiron 5348 Not Starting Up

I have a Dell Inspiron 5348 that won't turn on and I can't get in to the BIOS.  When I turn the computer on the LCD lights up and occassionaly flickers, but the Dell logo doesn't come up and I get in to the BIOS no matter what I do, or at least I can't see that I'm in the BIOS.  The power button lights up white.

Any assistance is appreciated.  Also if there is a way to connect to another monitor to see if the lcd is bad.

Thanks

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

August 29th, 2015 18:00

You can try cycling the video input source button (#9 here) on the right edge of the screen to see if you accidentally pressed it and selected the wrong video input source. It's a toggle button so it may take several pushes to cycle through all the video input options.

You'll need an external monitor that supports HDMI, and is connected to the HDMI-OUT port (#17) on the rear of the screen.

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

August 29th, 2015 18:00

Also if there is a way to connect to another monitor to see if the lcd is bad.

Borrow another monitor?

August 3rd, 2016 22:00

I have run into this problem now, too. HDMI out does not send a signal to an external monitor. HDMI in shows signal from an external source just fine. Seems like the BIOS never loads. Has anyone learned anything about this problem?

August 3rd, 2016 22:00

I have run into this problem now, too. HDMI out does not send a signal to an external monitor. HDMI in shows signal from an external source just fine. Seems like the BIOS never loads. Has anyone learned anything aboit this problem?

No Events found!