Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 17th, 2014 08:00

Dell Inspiron 570 network adapter

Hi Im new to the forum and i got a Dell 570 yesterday and started it up and try to connect to the internet and no matter what i try i can't get it to see my ethernet cable. It says i have no internet adapter driver then i click next and it says it can't find a a windows driver for it. Any help for this thanks. 

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

December 17th, 2014 18:00

Since you didn't tell us what version of Windows you're using, we can't give you a link directly to the Network driver.

Go to the link Mary gave you and select your version of Windows at the top. After the screen updates, expand the list under Network and look for a Broadcom driver. You can download it on any PC and copy to desktop of the 570. Instructions to install it are on the page where you download it.

BTW: If you open Device Manager, is anything marked with X or !, in addition to the Network adaptor? In that case, you may need to install the Chipset driver first and then reboot before installing the Network driver.

Without the Chipset driver, the Network driver may not install or may not work. You'll find the right chipset driver listed on that  Support page after you select the correct version of Windows at the top.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

December 17th, 2014 10:00

Drivers are available at Dell Support, Drivers and Downloads. HERE 

www.dell.com/.../drivers

December 17th, 2014 12:00

How do i download these without internet? 

December 17th, 2014 16:00

Or which one is it for ethernet? Im just gonna download it from my laptop to a flashdrive the extract it on the 570. Please help!

December 18th, 2014 06:00

Thanks Rohe. I have a windows 7 64bit amd athlon dual core. I downloaded that file already but I didnt unplug my ethernet so it always said the download was not installed right. Note to self. Always read directions....lol Thanks for answering my question, Have a nice day!

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

December 18th, 2014 13:00

Fixed ?

No Events found!