Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 5th, 2015 04:00

Dell Inspiron One 2205 not powering on

Hi I have an Inspiron One 2205 and today it would not turn on. The blue light from the power source does not light up at all while plugged into the computer. The blue light will only light up if not connected to the computer. The computer does not respond at all.

I read a similar post saying to:
1) Plug in to the computer without plugging the power adapter to the wall socket.
2) Plug the adapter to the power outlet.
3) If it doesn't turn on, tried it few times then it will turn on.

This has not worked, and even if it did I would like to know what is causing the problem.

Thank you

780 Posts

June 5th, 2015 06:00

Hi,

Thank you for reaching us.

If the AC adapter light goes OFF as soon we plug it into the PC, It is an issue with the DC Port or the System board.

We need to replace the faulty part to fix the issue. Incase, if you have an working Adapter, you may try that to confirm it is not a faulty adapter.

Please send a private message with the computer's service tag, We shall see how to get it resolved at the earliest.

To send a private message, click on my name and click start conversation.

2 Posts

June 6th, 2015 20:00

My computer is now working.

After trying multiple times to turn it on, unplug the power supply, turn the power on and off from the wall, plug it back in.

Suddenly I turned the wall power on, the light went blue on the power supply as usual and I plugged the power supply into the computer, this time the power light stayed blue and I was able to turn the computer on. It took a long time to load but it is working.

Any ideas what has happened?

This has happened twice since I originally posted. The computer not working for a day at a time.

1 Message

June 6th, 2015 22:00

I had the same issues. I figured out every time I plugged in the c3po converter cable into the motherboard

That's when the power goes out.  So is it the cable or the board it's plugged in to?

780 Posts

June 9th, 2015 06:00

Hi,

Please send me your system service tag via private message.

We shall see if we get it resolved from our end.

Thank you

No Events found!