Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 21st, 2012 11:00

Dell Inspiron one 2320 all-in-pc webcam software missing

i need the webcam software so i can use my webcam the drivers installed but no software not even dell webcam central installed either please someone give me the exact download so i can solve this problem please

August 29th, 2012 09:00

Hi,

To download the latest version of DellWebcam Software for your Dell computer, perform the following steps:

1.       Click on the URL mentioned which will take you to Dell Support Website: 

http://support.dell.com/

2.       Click “My Account in the upper right corner and sign in with your Dell My Account in the popup box appears on thye screen. 

3.Under the “My Software section on the right side of the page, click "Download Factory Installed Software (My Dell Downloads)"

4.Click the checkbox that agrees to the “Terms and Conditions of the My Dell Downloads website and click “Register System at the bottom of the page 

5.At the “My Download Locker” page, click the registered system that corresponds with the computer you are downloading DigitalPersona Fingerprint Software to. 

6.Under the “Title section, look for “Dell Webcam Central Software. There may be more than one listing for this software title. 

7.Select the listing with the latest version number in the “Version column. Click the checkbox under the” Download column for this software, and at the bottom of the page click “Download now

8.Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation. 

9.Once the Dell Webcam Central Software is installed restart the computer.

Do write back if you need any further assistance. 

Thanks and Regards           
Priyanka S
#iworkfordell

3 Posts

February 18th, 2013 18:00

I have the same problem and I tried that, once I hit register system, it says Examining your computer please wait ..... and it stays like this for hours. Doesn't go anywhere or to any other screen.  Now what....

4 Operator

• 

3.3K Posts

February 19th, 2013 03:00

Hi eagle4025,

Uninstall and reinstall the webcam drivers on the computer:

To uninstall the Dell webcam central software, perform the following steps:

1. Click Start.
  2. Click Control Panel.
  3. Using the drop-down menu next to View by: in the upper-right corner, select Large Icons.
  4. Click Programs and Features.
  5. Click Dell Webcam Central.
  6. Click Uninstall.
  7. Confirm the uninstall process by clicking OK.

Once uninstalled restart the computer.

Now, install the webcam software from below mentioned link:

ftp.us.dell.com/.../Dell_SX2210-Monitor_Webcam%20SW%20RC1.1_%20R230103.exe

Awaiting your response!

3 Posts

February 19th, 2013 05:00

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for your quick reply, actually, I had to reinstall the windows all over again due to some issue with windows. Once I did that all the pre loaded softwares were gone, including the web cam and many others like CD/DVD burner etc.  I want to download 3rd party licensed softwares which were factory installed on my Dell system when I got it new. Once I click on "My Dell Downloads" in Dell software download center, it takes you to where it says register your system, when I hit that, that's when it says  "Examining your computer please wait ....." and it stays like this for hours. Doesn't go anywhere or to any other screen. Please let me know what to do b/c I really need the CD/DVD burner, web cam and few others softwares that came with my computer. Thanks for your help.

4 Operator

• 

3.3K Posts

February 20th, 2013 09:00

Hi eagle4025,

This link for My dell downloads would only work on Internet explorer browser not on any other browser. If you are using Internet explorer browser already, try resetting the internet explorer.

Please follow below mentioned steps to reset IE:

• Close all Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer windows that are currently open.
  • Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type Internet Explorer, and then, in the list of results, click Internet Explorer.
  • Click the Tools button, and then click Internet options.
  • Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset. Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would also like to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, Tracking Protection, and ActiveX Filtering data.
  • In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
  • When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, click Close, and then click OK.
  • Close Internet Explorer.

Your changes will take effect the next time you open Internet Explorer.

Let me know if this works.

Awaiting your response!

3 Posts

February 20th, 2013 18:00

No Sir, it didn't work, same message. Get stuck at ""Examining your computer please wait " Is it possible for you to just send me individual links like you did for the webcam for each preloaded software that was included with the computer. I really need the one to burn CD/DVD link.  It would be nice if they could just give a cd with all the softwares so if something goes wrong and people have to reinstall the Windows, they can also reinstall the other softwares as well.

Thanks

4 Operator

• 

3.3K Posts

February 21st, 2013 09:00

Hi eagle4025,

Kindly private message the error code with the service tag. I will review your account and take the case forward.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and contact details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

Awaiting your response!

5 Posts

April 17th, 2013 03:00

Ah, I have same problem... I tried all you mentioned but still it doesn't work. What should I do..?

803 Posts

April 17th, 2013 04:00

Hi sewan17,

If you are trying to get My Dell Downloads working for Dell Webcam Central, try this link: http://dell.to/UmnlvT

Please be informed that this link is for a SX2210 flat panel monitor but it did work with few systems. Hope this helps.

1 Message

August 17th, 2013 11:00

5 Posts

December 13th, 2014 15:00

Thanks for all this info- I got the Zip file and unzipped it to C:\Dell\drivers\R230103

I then selected the Setup file.

How can I test that my webcam works?

Is there a quick trick or do I have to run a test Skype call?

Any suggestions are welcomed.

Nora

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

December 13th, 2014 17:00

Thanks for all this info- I got the Zip file and unzipped it to C:\Dell\drivers\R230103

I then selected the Setup file.

How can I test that my webcam works?

Is there a quick trick or do I have to run a test Skype call?

Any suggestions are welcomed.

Nora

Always include version of Windows in your posts. In Win 8/8.1, there's a Camera app on the Metro desktop that will activate the webcam.

5 Posts

December 18th, 2014 18:00

thanks!

I promise to include version of Windowa in future posts.

Nora

No Events found!