Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 29th, 2014 09:00

Dell Optiplex 745 will not finish boot

I left the computer on for a few hours, and when I came back, only the computer fan was running and the power button was solid amber. I then removed and put back the CMOS battery, and now the computer turns on with a green power button, but it can't complete boot. It skips the windows logo halfway through it connecting together, and proceeds to the dell loading screen. When it finishes loading, the computer says that the computer failed to boot and it may be due to a recent hardware change. The systems repair had been run, and it said the root problem was located in D:/Drive and it was unable to fix it. Running on safe mode and last known good configuration didn't work. I then got a new CMOS battery, and the computer said "Alert! system battery voltage low" or something like that, and it proceeded to boot, and the problem was still there.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

June 29th, 2014 09:00

Explain what drive D is--boot drive with the windows files, separate internal hard drive, external drive....etc. Run the Diagnostics to test the hardware especially the hard drives' health. Run the extended hard drive test on all hard drives, not just the quick one. You should always mention your operating system when you post.

June 29th, 2014 12:00

Sorry. I'm running a 32 bit version of windows 7. Also, sorry about the d drive, that is irrelevant. I thought it was directory of the root cause labeled in start up repair. It was actually supposed to be the windows directory. How do I run  the diagnostics test?

No Events found!