Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 20th, 2010 04:00

Dell Optiplex GX620 DVD Drive Not Reading DVDs [Reads CDs]

Hi All

As the title suggests I am having a nightmare in running DVDs on both my DVD drives. They read CDs without any problem.

I've got a Sony CRX-830E DVD Combo and a Pioneer DVR-K14RA DVD/RW. I've checked all the basic troubleshoot things such as IDE/ATAPI

settings in the device manager. I tried reflashing the BIOS by putting the jumper on. At first they sort of read a couple of DVDs and then they stopped.

Please do help me to get out this strange hardware issue I've never come across before in building my own PCs.

Both the drives are detected in DOS and Windows with their respective identities.

Many Thanks

Ven

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

September 20th, 2010 04:00

The Disk Drive section  HERE  is the forum section for CD/DVD drive problems.  Suggest you repost there.

One thing to try, and if it doesn't help, repost as noted.   Go to the Device Manager and Right click on the entry for one drive then Left click Uninstall.  Do the same thing for the other drive and then restart the PC.  When Windows starts it will detect and reinstall the drives. 

10 Posts

September 20th, 2010 06:00

Hi fireberd

Thanks for a swift response. I tried that solution before and it didn't work in my case. I've given it a try again.

Still the problem persists. As per your advise I've posted it in the optical drive sub-section as well.

Many Thanks

Ven

No Events found!