Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 27th, 2011 14:00

Dell XPS One A2010 - unable to adjust Contrast

So I've always had this issue intermittantly with the XPS One A2010. I would log off, log back in and it would be fine. But now that I've upgraded to Windows 7 I can't adjust the contrast at all. The screen is blinding me!

Using the FN + Up/Down does absolutely nothing. All the other FN functions besides eject seem to work (that doesn't work on the unit either, I have to right-click via My Computer) and the media buttons work too.

Help?

Is there a driver for the monitor that will fix this? I wish they made this thing with physical buttons like most monitors...:emotion-42:

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

June 30th, 2011 10:00

We never validated Win7 on this model which is why you cannot find drivers under the model. This model came with two video options -
onboard Intel GMA X3000
discrete ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2400

I cannot find any Win 7 drivers. Only Vista. You can try loading them in compatibility mode.

2 Posts

June 30th, 2011 16:00

Thanks

Unfortunately I ran the driver for ATI Mobility 2400 HD in Vista mode and it didn't make a difference. Win7 has been out a while now, I'm disappointed Dell do not have up to date drivers. The A2010 isn't an ancient machine and runs Win 7 adequately.

No Events found!