Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 25th, 2016 08:00

Dell t3500:Small alum. heatsink next the CPU heatsink missing

There is a small aluminum heatsink that buts right against the bottom side of the CPU heatsink that is missing in my machine and others I have seen pictures of.

This is taken from one of the tech manuals, I hope the link works because I can't figure out how to upload a pic.

I wish to know what this cools and why they are never reincluded when you purchase one refurbished. The chips that are cooled by it right next to the CPU. I have heat issues and this has been bothering me because I can't find one to replace it. Or not a Dell brand anyway.

Can someone enlighten me as to what this is , why it's hard to find, what are those chips, and how do I keep them cool?

s27.postimg.org/.../dell_alum_wtf_heatsink.jpg

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

December 30th, 2016 05:00

Is there a part number on it?  I think I see T024F and its on heat sensors.  This board has it missing also.

12 Posts

November 13th, 2017 04:00

Hi

Quite an old thread but I was having the same question.

I bought a refurbished motherboard which doesn't have that small heatsink but my original motherboard has it.

I took it out thinking that I can use it on the replacing motherboard but there is a weird paste that is dusty on mine. It looks like silicone but doesn't seem to be. Is it a form of thermal paste? It is thick!

I wonder how I can clean it or how to replace it?

By the way I confirm the part number T024F Mid 73307. Can't find it on Google though.

The dust

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

November 13th, 2017 04:00

Yes this is the part number for the heatsink.,  It will not however be available anywhere because the board does not operate properly without this part.  T021F Dell Passive Heatsink for Precision T7500 is another number.

The entire system is less than what people ask for Just the motherboard.

Thats not paste its a silicone PAD.  Typical for this type of Heatsink.

Doesnt need to be cleaned or replaced.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&LH_BIN=1&_nkw=Dell+Precision+T3500&_sop=50

12 Posts

November 13th, 2017 05:00

Hi SpeedStep

Thank you for your reply, this clarifies a bit more.

Just to clarify that the T021F is one of the 3 heatsinks for the main CPU and not another pn for the heatsink for the sensors.

Many thanks

Regards

Matt

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

November 13th, 2017 06:00

T021F is the CPU heatsink.  This was included to show the Numbering pattern for the Heatsinks on this system aka T0XXX numbering.  

You have to buy enough for 1000 replacements if you feel the pad needs to be replaced.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/100mm-x-100mm-x-3mm-GPU-CPU-Heatsink-Cooling-Thermal-Conductive-Silicone-Pad/400926723988

No Events found!