Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 24th, 2016 18:00

Drive replacement procedure

How do I remove the front bezel of my Dell Precision 380 work station in order to replace the non-working optical drive?  The old DVD-RW drive must come out thru the front of the case due to its length.

Dell Support no longer lists the related Users Guide, and the Quick Reference Guide immediately crashes each time I try to load and view it. 

Seems Dell changes case design with each new model as the 380 is different than the 350, etc. to keep things interesting - and frustrating.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

November 25th, 2016 04:00

The 380 and Precision T3400 are the same.

There is a Blue Lever inside that needs to be Lifted slightly while the metal cover slides up and off.

You Also need to pull down the blue catch on the side to remove black plastic bezel AND then Slide the drive out.

You then remove Cables.

Then pull down on the slider again and push the drive out.

2 Intern

• 

1.2K Posts

November 24th, 2016 23:00

Hi RuthCBill,

Thank you for reaching out to Dell Community Forum.

Is the below link the same manual you have tried accessing from Dell support Site?

http://dell.to/2fLne9L

Please click my DELL-username and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your email address.

Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information

2 Posts

November 25th, 2016 09:00

Your illustration with instructions on removing the drive(s) is the very best I've ever seen.  You have restored my faith.  Good health and peace and joy to you and yours for the next year.

No Events found!