Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 27th, 2017 13:00

Driver for Skullcandy Ink'd headset for Dell Optiplex 3020, Windows 7

Hi all,

I have a Dell Optiplex 3020 running windows 7 professional and need a driver to use my Skullcandy Ink'd bluetooth head set. I have a bluetooth dongle installed and working correctly and the head set is paired with the PC, showing in my devices. When I troubleshoot the device, "The driver for the Bluetooth Peripheral Device is not installed. Install the latest driver". When I apply this fix, it just loops back to the same message. I contacted Skullcandy and they just send me random links to stuff they found on Google.

I'd like a link to a driver please, from a reputable site (they sent me links to sites that want to charge!) Any help is greatly appreciated!!

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

June 27th, 2017 14:00

Your choice of Bluetooth Dongle is the issue.  Dell doesn't support 3rd party bluetooth dongles or "Skullcandy Ink'd bluetooth head sets".

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00CX3GRP4/

Bluetooth headsets in general do not require additional drivers.  But if your dongle does not include a full bluetooth suite including phones and headsets etc then it wont ever work.

There are even some Generic dongles that support everything with the Native drivers that come with windows 7.

You install while online and windows downloads all the other parts of the bluetooth stack including networking and headsets and speakers etc.

No Events found!