Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 19th, 2013 08:00

Drivers & Downloads Page for Inspiron 2330 Service Tag Showing Wrong OS

When I visit the Drivers & Downloads page on the Dell Support site, using the Service Tag for my Inspiron 2330 All-in-One, the default operating system shows as Windows 7 even though the 2330 actually has Windows 8, the OS loaded when it shipped. Shouldn't a Service Tag-specific page show the correct OS? Doesn't Dell know what OS it shipped?

May not seem like a big deal, but: (1) I've been working through driver issues to try to resolve problems with intermittent loss of touch screen functionality and every time the page refreshes, it goes back to showing the Windows 7 drivers--thereby adding to the confusion instead of helping to remove it; and (2) the failure of this system-specific support page to show the correct OS for my system reduces my confidence that it's giving reliable guidance to get my system configured correctly.

Any thoughts about the implications of this phenomenon? Between what Windows Update wants to do, what's showing for Windows 8 on the Dell page for my Service Tag, and what the component suppliers think the correct drivers should be, I'm finding it extremely difficult to get the system configured in a correct and stable way.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

January 19th, 2013 12:00

Hi Abuladeen,

Wow, wouldn't that be great!  :emotion-7:

We suggest you make sure you select the correct OS and also select the radio button for "All related drivers for your Product" each time.

No Events found!