Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 13th, 2016 15:00

E2414H, Shadow bottom right?

It is an Analog VGA. The manufacture date was 2014. It was purchased closer to 2015. There is a dark shadow on the bottom right hand corner of the screen  It is about 1 inch high. It extends about 2-3 inches across the bottom (Where time/date is). Looking at the shadow it has a specific and static shape almost like a graph going UP (Up hill); you know the line on the graph from x-y? It is a giant blob, a shadow but does have a specific shape impacting only the bottom right. The monitor was not placed near magnets, moved, hit, dropped or struck in any manner. It is highly unlikely it was moved without my knowledge. It was working amazing since the day I got it. OVERNIGHT near a windows 10 update this shadow problem happened. I unplugged it and moved it around a bit. I noticed tapping the bottom right (where the shadow is) does make it go away for 10-30 seconds. So touching that area in the back (not the controls) somehow fixes the problem. I do not know if this helps but the shadow is translucent (more grey than solid black).

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

May 14th, 2016 09:00

Remove the computer, video card, and video card cabling from the troubleshooting scenario. Perform the monitor BID (Built-in Diagnostics), page 21 . If the BID shows the issue, get it exchanged.

No Events found!