Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 18th, 2009 14:00

E310 will not power on

I am trying to fix my Mom's PC.  It was powered on and off using the correct commands one day and the next day the power button is flashing amber.  (1) I have tried a power drain by unplugging the power supply and then holding in the power button for 30+ seconds, no results.  (2) I turned power off to the surge protector and unplugged all the attachments to the harddrive, then did another power drain, no results.  (3) I then repeated this process and took out the external battery (2032) and repeated the power drain process, no success.  (4) I repeated this again and let the harddrive sit for several hours before hooking everything back up and trying to power it on again.  No success.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Do you have a solution?

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

November 18th, 2009 15:00

HaleyJudd

A blinking yellow power button light, usually means, a power supply or motherboard failure has occurred.

Try a different power supply, or if you are handy around computers, you could test the power supply.

Note: The only 100% method of testing a PSU, is to install a know working power supply.

Unplug the cord from the power supply, hold the power button in for about 15/20 seconds, open the case, unplug the 24-pin power connector from the motherboard and jump the Green wire to one of the Black wires, reconnect the power cord and power the system, if power supply's fan and the hard drive runs, then the PSU should be good.

Note: Do not remove any wires from the plug, use a small piece of wire or a paper clip as a jumper.

The 3100/E310 has an open back panel, you are use most standard generic stock ATX power supplies, with either a 24-pin or 20+4-pin motherboard main connector, with or without the on/off switch and two SATA power connectors, can be installed, you should be able to buy the power supply from most local or online computer stores.

The instructions for replacing the power supply are HERE.

Bev.

No Events found!