Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 20th, 2011 03:00

Edirol Orchestral apparently destroyed my XPS 720

I was making a music remix with FL Studio when the VST plugin Edirol Orchestral stopped playing sound. I just had to replace it with the same VST as it often screws up like that for some reason. When I did, it started to lag so bad that it eventually froze and I had to hold the power to turn it off. I then tried to turn it back on. I get the quiet little click, but nothing else. Absolutely nothing happens, and the same click comes up when I hold it to turn it off again. I tried this many times with the same result, and it enraged me to the point of literally slamming my fists on the keyboard. I'm running on Windows XP SP3 and an Intel Core 2 Duo. The FL studio version is Producer if that helps. I also had recently reinstalled .net frameworks 1-4 to reinstall 2K Games' Borderlands (which failed to work, I've been trying to get it to work for months)

This is the first time I've encountered this sort of problem. If someone knows how to fix it, I will love them forever...and of course, absolutely eradicate Edirol from the hard drive.

14.4K Posts

December 20th, 2011 05:00

Also try unplugging the computer then press and hold the power button for 10~15 secs. Then plug it back in. The fans should ramp up quickly for a few seconds and then stop. Does this happen?

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

Hi Alrencrackshot,

I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but computer parts can fail. It does not mean this particular program was the cause.

Ok, so let's do some diagnosis. "Quiet little click" could be a hard drive failure. The first thing I want you to check are the four diagnostic lights. See if any of the patterns shown here? 

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

I have a Sonar and Pro Tools studio.  The software will not "break" the hardware.  Follow the suggestions given by the other forum rockstars and see if you can get it going.

December 20th, 2011 09:00

This reminded me to try a simpler trick: just leaving the cord unplugged overnight. I replugged it in this morning and it ramped up. It seems to be working fine now. If something happens again I'll make sure to come here. Thanks for the quick reply and suggestion.

No Events found!