Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 13th, 2012 07:00

Error Code 2000-0147 XPS 420

Forgive the vague terminology i am abit of a tech newb,

At first my dvd rw disc drive stopped working, disc tray worked fine but the computer wouldn't recognise that a disc drive even existed nor would it read any cd's, i searched for days for a solution with no luck, i have the original OS disc however with no cd drive i was unable to run a factory reset so instead i tried a system restore, i put the pc back 2 weeks to when i knew it last worked fine, however upon completion of the system restore the pc rebooted as it should, but couldn't load up successfully. Now the pc will go no further than the initial black boot up menu's, I have tryed starting windows in every fashion available and ran all the diagnostic options to, they all end up at the same point, a black screen with the error message 2000-0147 it also says critical drivers missing or corrupt i can't remember what it was called but was something like system32/rapport/driver......

From what i have found on similar threads though the only relevant ones i can find are from many years ago, is that either the disc drive itself is broke n needs replacing which i have read doesn't resolve the issue, or what caused the disc drive to malfunction in the first place was some mix up with the system registry in HDD

I have now ran out of ideas and options on how to proceed is there any way to resolve this issue??

I am running vista 32bit home premium.... or was

any help will be greatly appreciated

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

August 13th, 2012 12:00

That 2000-0147 error is a pre-boot system code probably meaning the optical drive failed.

The first thing to do is open the case and disconnect the cables to that optical drive. Then remove the motherboard battery and press/hold the power button for ~30 sec. Reinstall the battery (right-side-up!). See if it boots now.

If it won't boot normally, try choosing "Last known good" from the F8 menu.

Whether it boots or not, you'll probably need to replace that optical drive. Hardware does fail without warning and optical drives are no exception. At least they're not very expensive to replace.

NOTE: Always power off, unplug and press/hold power button on the tower for ~15 sec before doing any work inside the case.

3 Posts

August 16th, 2012 14:00

thanks for the advise, i have tried what you suggested but it appears not to have worked, still wont boot up same error codes, is there anything else i should try?

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

August 16th, 2012 16:00

Did you try everything I suggested?

Did you disable the SATA port in BIOS Setup where the optical drive was connected to the motherboard?

What color are the 4 diagnostic LEDs on the front when it won't boot?

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

August 16th, 2012 22:00

Sounds like there are Other "issues"

C:\Program Files\Trusteer\Rapport\bin\RapportMgmtService.exe

R1 RapportEI64;RapportEI64;C:\Program Files (x86)\Trusteer\Rapport\bin\x64\RapportEI64.sys 
R1 RapportPG64;RapportPG64;C:\Program Files (x86)\Trusteer\Rapport\bin\x64\RapportPG64.sys 

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

May 31st, 2013 06:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity. For assistance, with same issue or a different issue, please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.            

No Events found!