Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 4th, 2015 18:00

Further Question..

I just posted re: my computer entering power save mode.

A message just appeared on the screen after another attempt of turning it on. It says:

Attention: Unsupported Video Configuration Detected
Action is required
This computer has an add-in graphics card, but the monitor cable is plugged into the integrated video connector.

It then has steps to put the monitor cable in to the add-in graphics card connector. But I don't know what that is?

Can anyone help?

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

September 4th, 2015 20:00

Turn off the computer and trace the cable connecting the monitor to the back of the tower and unplug it from the connection on the computer. Replug it into a  port on your video card. Get  a diff cable if needed. Also get a friend to help if you are unfamiliar with connecting a monitor. You have both integrated video and a separate video card. You should connect to the video card and NOT to the integrated video port. You will get a better picture, Select either the HDMI port or the DVI port on the card and use the appropriate cable--not the vga port since that is the least desirable connection unless that is your only cable. Buy an HDMI or DVI cable--depending on the ports on the card--as soon as possible. You can buy either one for about $10 HERE. Don't be talked into expensive cables--those are a waste of money.

No Events found!