Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 19th, 2010 09:00

GeForce 9500 GT and XPS 210 slim tower

Technical support has been working on this for days but hasn't called back for the last couple of days.  I order a graphics card (based on the reps referral) for my XPS 210 slim tower.  I just want to be able to have two monitors.  The first card they sent wouldn't fit.  This one (GeForce 9500 GT) tech support said is supposed to fit but you have to "tear it apart" somehow but they aren't sure how to do it either.   Does anyone know how to do this? 

1.7K Posts

February 19th, 2010 10:00

To make things more clear, here is a picture of a low profile 9500GT with the full size bracket.  As you can see it comes with two low profile brackets.  You would attach the low profile DVI bracket to the card.  If you are wanting to use two monitors, then you would use the low profile VGA bracket and attach the VGA connector to it and install it in an empty expansion slot either above or below the card.  It is attached by a ribbon to the video card board so you have that flexibility. 

1.7K Posts

February 19th, 2010 10:00

As long as it is a low profile card, then you probably just need to put the low profile bracket on instead of the full size bracket.  Did the card come with a low profile bracket?  You just have to unscrew the small nuts on each side of the DVI and VGA connectors to remove the bracket and replace it with the low profile bracket.  You will have to have both a DVI and VGA low profile bracket if you are wanting to connect two monitors. 

No Events found!