Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 2nd, 2013 11:00

Getting Inspiron Running Windows8 out of Power Save Mode

We are having the same problem as RockyMountains - we bought our Dell Inspiron 660 at Costco a couple of weeks ago.  We used our old monitor to use with the new CPU - standard connection (15 pin DVI).  

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

March 2nd, 2013 11:00

Hi Newhousebk,

Wow, brand new system. :emotion-6: Of course, power save mode is not the problem but a symptom of the loss of signal from the video card.

Do you see anything at all when you start it up? When does it go into power save mode?

4 Operator

• 

5.2K Posts

March 2nd, 2013 12:00

Try this. It worked for me once with a non-starting barad new D9100 that refused to boot. Unplug the D660 and then hold in the power button for 10 seconds or so. This removes the "flea" power" which sometimes causes start-up problems.Then plug back in and try a boot.

2 Posts

March 2nd, 2013 17:00

This is what I have currently set up for the power plan:

High performance - turn off display 15 minutes - put computer to sleep never (I did this thinking it might solve my current issue).

I essentially have seen what RockyMountains has experienced (I cut and pasted their post - see below).  This has happened maybe 3 times since I bought the computer....

"After the machine has been idle for sometime, (say overnight).  

1) The LED on the CPU is white, and the LED on the Monitor is amber.  

2) I mess with the mouse and keyboard a bit.  The LED on the Monitor turns white, and I get the display that it's entering power save mode.  

3) This is up for a few seconds before the screen goes blank, and the monitor LED returns to Amber.

I can repeat (2), but the only way to get out of this loop is to hard boot the CPU.  Which seems to indicate the CPU is the culprit."

1 Message

July 15th, 2013 14:00

Did you ever resolve this issue? I'm facing the same situation.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

July 15th, 2013 17:00

Hi shmulyeng,

Please provide the model of your Dell and operating system.

No Events found!