Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 16th, 2012 18:00

Graphic Card Recommendation for Inspiron 537

So sorry to have to bother you, but I have not been able to reach my service people at Dell. As stated, I own an Inspiron 537 desktop. It came with an Intel processor, which, I understand from Intel, was edited by Dell prior to my purchase. It is for that reason that they will not honor any warranties, etc.  At any rate, I need a new graphics card, one strong enough for me to run Cinema 4D (it currently cuts off when I go to multiple screens), and not too much that it would burn up my drive.

Thank you for your assistance in this matter.

2 Intern

• 

270 Posts

August 18th, 2012 23:00

I agree about the HD 6670 being about the best choice but make sure you get one with DDR5 memory ... not DDR3 ... it will make speed difference in 3D rendering.  example: www.newegg.com/.../Product.aspx

4 Operator

• 

3.7K Posts

August 18th, 2012 13:00

So sorry to have to bother you, but I have not been able to reach my service people at Dell. As stated, I own an Inspiron 537 desktop. It came with an Intel processor, which, I understand from Intel, was edited by Dell prior to my purchase. It is for that reason that they will not honor any warranties, etc.  At any rate, I need a new graphics card, one strong enough for me to run Cinema 4D (it currently cuts off when I go to multiple screens), and not too much that it would burn up my drive.

Thank you for your assistance in this matter.

You can always put in the 6670 HERE, your 300w PSU will run that card.

August 19th, 2012 01:00

Hi there! I just wanted to thank you guys for the wealth of information. I've ordered the 6670 DD5, and will let you know how it goes. Thanks again!

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

May 31st, 2013 04:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity. For assistance, with same issue or a different issue, please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.                  

No Events found!