Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 5th, 2007 14:00

HELP Saving files My Documents opens and does not respond crashing the program that is open

I need some help!

I have a new Dell E 521 with Vista Home Premium ( have only had it 3 weeks) When I go to save a file or Download a file online, My Documents opens instead of Download and stops responding.
Then the program stops responding and I have to close everything down or IE shuts down on it's own.

The only way to save any Zip is it runs and opens then I have to pull to the desktop or a folder.

All programs that download from the net do the same thing as far as going unresponsive. Then they shut down.

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

April 5th, 2007 16:00

Sounds like a software issue, rather than hardware. You might get a better response if you post this on Dell's Vista forum, here:
http://www.dellcommunity.com/supportforums/board?board.id=vista

Ron

3 Posts

April 5th, 2007 18:00

I can't see how it is a hardware problem when it happens with IE and every Program or Email Progam I use on the NET.

I have email accounts online and if I try to attach something this happens. It has to be with Windows and how window opens files

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

April 5th, 2007 21:00

I said it was probably a software problem. That's why I suggested you repost the question on the Vista forum, rather than here on Dimension Gemeral Hardware forum.

Ron

95 Posts

April 5th, 2007 21:00

try to disable all startup programs using system configuration or see if this happens on another user account.
No Events found!