Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 24th, 2010 20:00

Help with return for credit or refund

Forum Community, I need help or advice with a desktop return for credit or refund.

In January 2010 I purchased a Studio One desktop. This was the short-lived unit with the speakers, monitor, and PC all built into one unit. I got the low-end model without the touch screen.

Last week the computer died, no boot (hard drive not found) and would not boot to DVD (different issues there). I did the tech support route. Tech finally determined that possibly the motherboard went bad and stated PC would be replaced under warranty.

Tech took my shipping information, etc and we close the deal. Then his supervisor jumps on the line and says that Dell discontinued this PC so will not be a "new" replacement but refurbished or similar model with touch screen.

Cool so far until I received the replacement. They sent an XPS tower unit. I can't use a tower. I don't have the space for it. I haven't even unpacked it. I called and Customer support stated they did not have a Studio One desktop to send, so they sent "equivalent". That's not "equivalent" by my standards, it's a completely different product line.

I want to send both units back for credit or refund. They don't understand why I don't want the replacement. Customer service says I have to talk to Tech support and transfers me over. Tech support says they cannot issue refunds, only do exchanges and transfers me back to Customer service. Back and forth I go. I talked to 8 different people in an hour today. They keep passing me back and forth.

What do I do? The return slip they sent is good for 8 more days. Do I just wait until the time is up and see if they call me wanting to know where the defective one is? I even called the 800 sales number and still ended up same route with Warranty group. I really need to talk to someone on the US side.

To add insult to injury, they sent the tower unit without monitor so I can't even set it up temporarily on my kitchen table. I'm pretty frustrated by this. I could really use some advice on trying to contact Dell through a different route. The Studio One was my sixth Dell PC and it was not an "awesome" PC but certainly adequate right up until the point it choked. But to be honest if they keep playing hot potato with me, I'll sell 'em both for money to buy an HP or something.

Any pointers?

Administrators, you may move this post. There is no forum for customer service issues. I don't have any disagreement with the Dell customer service representatives, other than the fact that they don't understand what I am asking for.

1 Attachment

1 Message

January 14th, 2011 17:00

Has anyone replied to this post? I don't see anything.. I am having a similar problem and wondering how they handled your request for return of unsatisfactory unit.

1 Message

March 16th, 2011 07:00

Dear Friend,

There could not be a better description of Dell from a Gentleman and a follower of community guidelines. Each one of these Multinationals have found a great solution. They put you on a roller coaster under the garb of `Community and its Guidelines' to collect self praise. They take your hard earned money as a foregranted Capital Reserve. The representatives are paid to excercise selective amnesia or thr pretext of not  understanding your expressions/ accent. They hide behind the Virtual Agents (Computers) as a front, while the parent  Company holds you by the  *****.

Terms Customer, Service, refund, credit, return donot appear in `Dells' Dictionary. If you persue  your line vigorously, you will be sent to `Wiki", but you will never get a straight answer. Good Luck friend.

There is no forum for customer service issues. I don't have any disagreement with the Dell customer service representatives, other than the fact that they don't understand what I am asking for.

No Events found!